Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod on the rampage!!!!

Options
  • 14-11-2008 10:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story here?

Talk about over reaction! Is this a bad case of PMS or what?

Making a mistake is fine, misinterpreting a post is fine, but when someone pulls you up on it the right thing to do is realise your mistake and correct it, but instead it's ignored and then that person is banned.

Beyond ridiculous.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

+1 on this total joke..talk about power trip!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    While i agree that technically the rule was broken and the ban was ''justifiable'', sometimes a bit of cop on is required, and it's seriously lacking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Harpy wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.
    I mean that Thaedydiddle chap is a meglomaniac.
    Who cares if a paniced 20 year old comes here for help from people he thinks he can rely on?
    We should all take the p1$$ now while he's at his most vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Hagar wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.
    I mean that Thaedydiddle chap is a meglomaniac.
    Who cares if a paniced 20 year old comes here for help from people he thinks he can rely on?
    We should all take the p1$$ now while he's at his most vulnerable.

haha thats not what i meant at all ok.. i think magic marker said it better in the post aboce yours than i did..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

While i agree that technically the rule was broken and the ban was ''justifiable'', sometimes a bit of cop on is required, and it's seriously lacking here.
    A bit of cop on was required by the posters in that thread, and was seriously lacking. Hence the moderator acted.

PI is strictly moderated for very good reasons, always has been and always will be.

And despite popular opinion, moderators generally don't get any pleasure out of warning or banning people.

stevenmu wrote: »
    A bit of cop on was required by the posters in that thread, and was seriously lacking. Hence the moderator acted.

PI is strictly moderated for very good reasons, always has been and always will be.

And despite popular opinion, moderators generally don't get any pleasure out of warning or banning people.

I'm not talking about the banning here, it's part of it but the most ridiculous aspect of the thread was the warning. That's not strict moderation, it's harebrained and completely erroneous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PI is modding heaven or hell (delete as applicable)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Who can save us from modzilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Harpy wrote: »

+2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Thaed doesn't get PMS - she gets even :D
    If she said ye were careful then you probably were.

Clearly you don't remember much but she probably has a better idea of what happened that night than you.

She OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to get pregant either like so....

Well, not obviously but.... did she seem abnormal in any way??
    I agree with the warning. Read the post again.
    1: "Clearly you don't remember much" - yet he does - and he rang her to see if she was on the pill, offered to pay for the MAP. He remembered that he may have had unprotected sex - that's the important thing.

2: Note the gratuitious use of CAPSLOCK - OBVIOUSLY SHE IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU!!!!111oneeleven :rolleyes:

Atari Jaguar: And WFT with the 'abnormal' remark?

It was a warning from the mod. Totally deserved. And it's not a ban or infraction so why do you care?

Macros42 wrote: »
    I agree with the warning. Read the post again.
    1: "Clearly you don't remember much" - yet he does - and he rang her to see if she was on the pill, offered to pay for the MAP. He remembered that he may have had unprotected sex - that's the important thing.

2: Note the gratuitious use of CAPSLOCK - OBVIOUSLY SHE IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU!!!!111oneeleven :rolleyes:

Atari Jaguar: And WFT with the 'abnormal' remark?

It was a warning from the mod. Totally deserved. And it's not a ban or infraction so why do you care?

Oh please, what utter shíte!

There are posts ten times less helpful, ten times more patronising and ten times more worthy of a warning posted on PI everyday that are left alone. I know this for a fact because I fúcking post them!

The warning was completely uncalled for. I can empathize with the PI mods, i'm sure keeping track of everything is a bítch, but it's the stupid stuff like this that lets them down and the fact Theyadayaa can't even admit her shortcomings only magnifies the problem.

Just because other **** is posted that deserves warnings doesn't mean that warnable posts shouldn't get one. That post highly deserved a warning. A young guy is concerned that he may have had unprotected sex and was looking for help/reassurance and the first reply was complete bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are posts ten times less helpful, ten times more patronising and ten times more worthy of a warning posted on PI everyday that are left alone. I know this for a fact because I fúcking post them!

Are you asking for a ban from the forum to prevent you from doing that ?
    And if you do see post then why aren't you reporting them ?

The warning was completely uncalled for. I can empathize with the PI mods, i'm sure keeping track of everything is a bítch, but it's the stupid stuff like this that lets them down and the fact Theyadayaa can't even admit her shortcomings only magnifies the problem.

The warning stands, they also help to stop the thread from possible derailment, anyone reading the thread then will see that it is being watched
    and failure to post with in the rules after a mod warning is imho inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Maybe admit your own first

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Does anyone else get "Man on the Run" into their heads when they see the thread title? Only with man replaced with mod?

Or am I just a little bit drunk?

Does anyone else get "Man on the Run" into their heads when they see the thread title? Only with man replaced with mod?

Or am I just a little bit drunk?

I imagined her stepping on a little model japanese city,with little model people running or pointing in horror. I'm disappointed. Misleading tread title,think he should be site banned for ever! :D

Just because other **** is posted that deserves warnings doesn't mean that warnable posts shouldn't get one. That post highly deserved a warning. A young guy is concerned that he may have had unprotected sex and was looking for help/reassurance and the first reply was complete bollox.
    This wasn't a ''warnable'' post though. You can believe otherwise all you want.

And yes, it does matter what is and is not warned, if theyadayal believes this post truly deserved a warning then it's up to her and the other mods to ensure all posts like this (which is a lot) are warned, if you have a rule then you can't just pick and choose who it applies to when you feel like it.

It's also up to other posters to report **** posts. No point complaining about them later if you don't. Mods are volunteers - they're not always about.

And that post was warnable - you can believe otherwise all you want. Just read my first post on this thread again for why - I can't be arsed repeating myself to someone who has his head up his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

if you have a rule then you can't just pick and choose who it applies to when you feel like it.

What rock have you been living under? That is exactly what moderation on boreds.ie is.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Are you asking for a ban from the forum to prevent you from doing that ?
    And if you do see post then why aren't you reporting them ?

I never said they deserved a warning, I said i see posts ten times more deserving of a warning, in comparison to the post in the thread we're discussing.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    The warning stands, they also help to stop the thread from possible derailment, anyone reading the thread then will see that it is being watched
    and failure to post with in the rules after a mod warning is imho inexcusable.

After one tame response the thread was not even on a course to derailment, no one would have even thought twice about the post you warned. The only derailment was when someone questioned your modding so your masterplan quickly backfired.

Lol master plan.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Nerin wrote: »
    I imagined her stepping on a little model japanese city,with little model people running or pointing in horror. I'm disappointed. Misleading tread title,think he should be site banned for ever! :D
    Oh Man! That would have been so cool and totally imaginable!

/me goes to make Mod Rampage film, set in Little Tokyo

It's also up to other posters to report **** posts. No point complaining about them later if you don't. Mods are volunteers - they're not always about.

And that post was warnable - you can believe otherwise all you want. Just read my first post on this thread again for why - I can't be arsed repeating myself to someone who has his head up his arse.
    If she said ye were careful then you probably were.

Translation: If she said you were carefully then she was probably sober enough to remember the fact
    Clearly you don't remember much but she probably has a better idea of what happened that night than you.

Translation: It's obvious from your post that you were too hammered to remember a thing, and once again, she probably does remember.
    She OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to get pregant either like so....

Well, not obviously but.... did she seem abnormal in any way??

Translation: She's a young single girl, she OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to get pregnant, like any other girl her age. Did she seem abnormal in any way? Was she nervous about possibly being pregnant?

Oh yeah, what a horrifying post! Defo a site ban needed there, how could one be so cold!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What's the story here?

What's wrong with the thread, have your balls shrunk or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gordon wrote: »
    have your balls shrunk or what?

Dude, it's seriously cold out these days. Shrinkage is a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

>_>

<_<

Yeah ok im bored of the Canned off-topic warning myself but its nothing to get in a knot about. If you're told to stay on topic, well, stay on topic? The poster was welcome to keep posting. It wasnt even a yellow card. But said poster decided to question the mod decision, and not politely either: that deserved a response.

I found the post incoherent, but not off topic. My own opinion.
    This wasn't a ''warnable'' post though. You can believe otherwise all you want.

And yes, it does matter what is and is not warned, if theyadayal believes this post truly deserved a warning then it's up to her and the other mods to ensure all posts like this (which is a lot) are warned, if you have a rule then you can't just pick and choose who it applies to when you feel like it.

Are you a Cylon? Flexibility is a grand thing to have. I can't blame a mod for using a short leash with new posters though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gordon wrote: »
    What's wrong with the thread, have your balls shrunk or what?

Ah here , that's below the belt and bang out of order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Whats the point in trying to create a place of moral righteousness on the internet ,it is only the internet for christ sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

311 wrote: »
    Whats the point in trying to create a place of moral righteousness on the internet ,it is only the internet for christ sake.
    Clearly you've never watched Ghost in the Shell. Or the Matrix for that matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement