Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod on the rampage!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Overheal it's a LART, Talliesn created it for me.

Local-User Attitude Readjustment Tool...

All I'm saying is, when I read it, I find it condescending, and more inviting of attitude adjustment in the wrong direction.
    That's the answer I would have expected and I would have still started this thread. Like I said, asking you to explain your reasons when I already know them is futile. My point is your reasoning is wrong.

Only Sith deal in absolutes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nerin wrote: »
    When i was new marksie and thaed were some of the first mods i talked to,and i hold them in high regard

You've made that quite clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Nerin wrote: »
    I've said more than once how the mod in question is covered by the charter,all you need to to is go back and see that. :)

The charter is not written for the mods Nerin. They have their own charters, else where.

But I still like your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The charter is not written for the mods Nerin. They have their own charters, else where.

But I still like your answers.

Thank you :)
    What i meant by covered was that the user did post something that can be categorised under unhelpful,hence if you want to look at it like that,it was justified. I've already said that there were other posts there that could have been seen in the same light,depending who looks at them.

Magicmarker-yes,i have,and if i have a problem with them,i won't Deal with them how you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

tallaght01 wrote: »
    That post was no worse than some of the dire advice that gets given out on that forum all the time by people who are old enough to know better, IMO.

It's no wonder that PI isn't like the Soccer forum where you've to apply to post . Or if you want to be even stricter then just leave the replies to the mods and don't let any users post in there and make all thread starters be anon.

Tigger wrote: »
    are we ignoring this comment

Wasn't there another thread a few days ago about a female mod closing a thread in Soccer and there was backlash ? I think either the first post or the thread title mentioned her being a woman. It's a bit of a low blow to shout accusations against a mod like that.

Anyway, my opinion on the warning is that it was a case of broken windows/zero tolerance. Bit harsh like, I feel sorry for the OP of said thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

This is not the first time the moderation itself sabotages the thread it is trying to keep on track. Not just in PI, happens elsewhere also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Haha, Thaed banned me from a forum I've never used/never will use last week for a completely unspecific, light hearted post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OK feck it I'm gonna say it. I was woken up early and am in a bad mood.........

Magic Marker, its very clear you have a problem with Thaed. Its also very clear that you would like her gone and for you to replace her. Now, if i was an owner of boards I'd perma ban you from PI because 1. your advice is mostly pants and can be downright childish and 2. you whine constantly to make yourself look like you have an intelligent opinion.

Stop this one-man war against Thaed and let it lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I don't think this thread is about Magicmarker and Thaed it's about the ban given out in the PI forum.

Kiera wrote: »
    OK feck it I'm gonna say it. I was woken up early and am in a bad mood.........

Magic Marker, its very clear you have a problem with Thaed. Its also very clear that you would like her gone and for you to replace her. Now, if i was an owner of boards I'd perma ban you from PI because 1. your advice is mostly pants and can be downright childish and 2. you whine constantly to make yourself look like you have an intelligent opinion.

Stop this one-man war against Thaed and let it lie.
    It's like you see right through me! Damn! and here's me thinking I was being super covert about it all:rolleyes:

Sometimes I have a problem with a decision that I feel compelled to bring it to feedback, it's not the first time and it's not the last, more than once it's concerned Thead, but that's not because I have a problem with her specifically, it's because she makes a habit of making stupid decisions, and it's well documented. For the record I don't recall ever having an issue with the decisions made by any other mod on PI, at least not so much that I had to bring it here. If that makes you think I have some kind of chip on my shoulder with Thead, well knock yourself out.

As for your second point, I give the bestest advice in the whole wide world, I should be a councillorer.

• Advertisement

As for your second point, I give the bestest advice in the whole wide world, I should be a councillorer.

Might wanna learn how to spell counsellor properly first :pac:

It's like you see right through me! Damn! and here's me thinking I was being super covert about it all:rolleyes:

Sometimes I have a problem with a decision that I feel compelled to bring it to feedback, it's not the first time and it's not the last, more than once it's concerned Thead, but that's not because I have a problem with her specifically, it's because she makes a habit of making stupid decisions, and it's well documented. For the record I don't recall ever having an issue with the decisions made by any other mod on PI, at least not so much that I had to bring it here. If that makes you think I have some kind of chip on my shoulder with Thead, well knock yourself out.

OK so you pretty much agreed with my point?

1. You have a problem with the way Thaed mods PI.
    2. You are on a one-man rampage to knock her cause as you said "she makes stupid decisions"?
    3. The only issues you bring to feedback seem to relate to thead and her modding?

I dont understand why you cant use the pm function? These warnings have nothing to do with you (which is more to the pity) Why do you feel the need to take it to feedback and not ask her directly through pm?

As for your spelling? Pfffft! ;)

OK so you pretty much agreed with my point?

1. You have a problem with the way Thaed mods PI.

Most of the time no, once or twice, enough to bring it here, yes. Once (maybe more) it concerned me.
    2. You are on a one-man rampage to knock her cause as you said "she makes stupid decisions"?

Is there really any need to put words in my mouth? I had a problem with the decision she made, if it were made by wibbs or marksie, then I would have had a problem with that too.
    3. The only issues you bring to feedback seem to relate to thead and her modding?

Again, you're putting words in my mouth, this is not what I said and you know it. If you are trying to make yourself look like you have an intelligent opinion, then you're failing miserably.
    I dont understand why you cant use the pm function? These warnings have nothing to do with you (which is more to the pity) Why do you feel the need to take it to feedback and not ask her directly through pm?

As for your spelling? Pfffft! ;)

I don't understand why you can't read the thread, because I've already answered this question.

Are you taking the piss out of me or just a goldfish?

Your words not mine "it's because she makes a habit of making stupid decisions". Now show me where i put those words into your mouth?

FYI, I'm not trying to prove i have intelligent opinions(because i dont). I'm simply asking you why you feel the need to whine about Thaed in feedback constantly?

She mods PI so you will see her "stupid decisions" pop up a lot. How's about you stay away from there so you dont have to get so wound up by her "stupid decisions"?

Come on people now,
    Smile on your brother
    Everybody get together
    Come along one another
    Right Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Might wanna learn how to spell counsellor properly first :pac:

Petty and idiotic, tbh.

Are you taking the piss out of me or just a goldfish?

Your words not mine "it's because she makes a habit of making stupid decisions". Now show me where i put those words into your mouth?

It's the ''one man rampage'' you're putting in my mouth, you're making out that I'm only here because it's related to thead, that's wrong. IF I do come here to complain, it's to complain about a decision that I felt was uncalled for, it doesn't matter who made the decision! Like I said, if this warning was made by wibbs or marksie then I still would have started this thread, but neither wibbs or marksie has a history of these kinds of decisions, thead does so it's only natural that if a problem exists relating to bad decisions, then it concerns the person who has a habit of making the bad decisions!

I'm not sure why this is hard for your to grasp, but i'm not going to explain it again.
    FYI, I'm not trying to prove i have intelligent opinions(because i dont). I'm simply asking you why you feel the need to whine about Thaed in feedback constantly?

I've started 5 threads on feedback in all, 3 of them related to PI, 2 of those 3 were related to me, this is the other one.
    She mods PI so you will see her "stupid decisions" pop up a lot. How's about you stay away from there so you dont have to get so wound up by her "stupid decisions"?

How about she not make stupid decisions like this one? That's the whole point of this thread, if people were to stay away from a forum because of stupid decisions then boards would soon be left barren.

stovelid wrote: »
    Petty and idiotic, tbh.
    I think intended wrong spelling went right over his head, not to mentioned ''bestest'' and the ''whole wide world''. I would have thought sarcasm detectors would have been better on the internet.

Meh! What's that saying again.......

Oh yes.....Dont fight an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience............

Oh yes.....Dont fight an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience............
    Yeah I know that one, it's usually used by people who haven't got a decent argument.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know that one, it's usually used by people who haven't got a decent argument.

Burn!

I'm not arguing with you. I'm simly stating that you have a problem with the way Thaed mods PI and you think by starting a thread in feedback that you'll get the whole of boards to back you up. Or maybe you want her to resign as a mod of PI so someone else can fill her shoes ;)

arnold.jpg

He's not making his distaste a secret, no need to drag it out as if he ordered Downey to give Santiago a Code Red.

....did you order the code red?

Burn!

I'm not arguing with you. I'm simly stating that you have a problem with the way Thaed mods PI and you think by starting a thread in feedback that you'll get the whole of boards to back you up. Or maybe you want her to resign as a mod of PI so someone else can fill her shoes ;)
    If you think that I have some kind of vendetta against Thead then that's fair enough, I'm hardly going to be able to change your mind.

I am not stupid enough to believe the whole of boards will back me up, I knew some would be for and some against.

Both are these however, are irrelevant. The fact is a decision was made, a decision that I (and others) feel was uncalled for. I believe it was an over reaction, unnecessary and most of all it served no purpose. Now, if a mod were to admit to their failings then all would be fine, we can all accept that people make mistakes. But if a mod (any mod) has a habit of making bad decisions and can't so much as admit to them, then that mod probably isn't the best option for any forum, in my opinion of course.

...isnt this whole thread just an over-reaction to an over-reaction though?

Overheal wrote: »
    ...isnt this whole thread just an over-reaction to an over-reaction though?
    Yeah but i'm not a mod so it's ok:)

If you think that I have some kind of vendetta against Thead then that's fair enough, I'm hardly going to be able to change your mind.

I am not stupid enough to believe the whole of boards will back me up, I knew some would be for and some against.

Both are these however, are irrelevant. The fact is a decision was made, a decision that I (and others) feel was uncalled for. I believe it was an over reaction, unnecessary and most of all it served no purpose. Now, if a mod were to admit to their failings then all would be fine, we can all accept that people make mistakes. But if a mod (any mod) has a habit of making bad decisions and can't so much as admit to them, then that mod probably isn't the best option for any forum, in my opinion of course.

Breath in now breath out
    Hands up now hands down
    Back up back up
    Tell me what you're gonna do now

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin' (x4)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Breath in now breath out
    Hands up now hands down
    Back up back up
    Tell me what you're gonna do now

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin' (x4)

Oh man, you're so awesome. Purple and italics? That almost makes it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

And your argument is that Thaed has a bad dose of PMS.

Excuse me while I snigger in the corner.

Have to say, Magic Marker has sort of dug himself a hole.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    And your argument is that Thaed has a bad dose of PMS.

Excuse me while I snigger in the corner.
    Another one who can't read, as I didn't actually say that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement