Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i connect my laptop thru live.vodafone.ie

• 14-11-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Quick question

Can i connect my laptop to the internet thru my nokia E51 using the live.vodafone.ie accesspoint rather than the isp.vodafone.ie point and get the 99c for 50mb instead of 2c per kb.

I've been burned on mobile internet charges before so dont really want to experiment blindly, anyone tried this before?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Think the live AP is port restricted or some such shenanigans
    MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No. You must use the ISP APN and you will be charged 19c per MB.

(assuming prepay)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Just pulled this off the vodafone website

"Pay as you use" GPRS/3G n/a n/a 2c/KB up to 512 kbs and 0.001c/kb for any usage over 512kbs

Are they really being that sneaky using Kilobytes and kilobits in the same line. and the kbs makes no sense.

Copied from http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/other/

dubambman wrote: »
    Just pulled this off the vodafone website

"Pay as you use" GPRS/3G n/a n/a 2c/KB up to 512 kbs and 0.001c/kb for any usage over 512kbs

Are they really being that sneaky using Kilobytes and kilobits in the same line. and the kbs makes no sense.

Copied from http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/other/
    That whole line is referring to kilobytes. Just seems like poor typing if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Am I correct in saying that Meteor and O2 don't have this APN distinction and so you could use your laptop on these for 99c/day????

• Advertisement

ardmacha wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that Meteor and O2 don't have this APN distinction and so you could use your laptop on these for 99c/day????
    You are correct yes (with prepay Meteor / O2).

Advertisement