Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curry's in Carlow???

• 14-11-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

lads i need a little help here,

i have heard that there's a currys in carlow, but its not on the currys website i found another that says its opening soon and i am unsure if this is an up to date site.

i live in kk and theres an offer that i want to avail of in currys but i'm afraid it'll be gone if i dont act now.

any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

i can head down tomorrow and happy days!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

ayatollah wrote: »
    lads i need a little help here,

i have heard that there's a currys in carlow, but its not on the currys website i found another that says its opening soon and i am unsure if this is an up to date site.

i live in kk and theres an offer that i want to avail of in currys but i'm afraid it'll be gone if i dont act now.

any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

i can head down tomorrow and happy days!!!

hi

it's not to open for another few weeks yet I'm afraid

edit I've just hear next week either wednesday or Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

cheers man i'd say that might be too late to take up the offer.

i was hoping to get the sony bravia for €545 offer.

ah well..................

ayatollah wrote: »
    cheers man i'd say that might be too late to take up the offer.

i was hoping to get the sony bravia for €545 offer.

ah well..................

didnt see that offer, sounds good... you could try either way when it opens.. otherwise is it worth a petrol trip to dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Where is it opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Where is it opening?

On the Dublin road, next to Homebase and the soon to open supermac drive trough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

rua1972 wrote: »
    On the Dublin road, next to Homebase and the soon to open supermac drive trough.
    thats miles out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No it's not... well it is if you're walking. Carlow is a pretty small town though ;)

Get a taxi out, it's only 6 smackers and then another 6 to get back... easy peasy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hey guys i work for currys and need to get to get to the new store for the weekend.

How far is the bus or train station from where the new store is?

Is it walking distance?

Hey guys i work for currys and need to get to get to the new store for the weekend.

How far is the bus or train station from where the new store is?

Is it walking distance?

train station about a 15/20 minute walk minimum, some buses will let you off at fitzpatricks garage, coming from the dublin direction and thats only a 5 minute walk from currys assuming your coming from that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

The store is opening the weekend of the 29th November & has an official open day on Fri 5th December

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    train station about a 15/20 minute walk minimum, some buses will let you off at fitzpatricks garage, coming from the dublin direction and thats only a 5 minute walk from currys assuming your coming from that direction.

Is it straight forward to get to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's straight forward alright but you'll be doing well to walk it in 25-30mins (I live out that end of town) but it's only a few mins by taxi

CurrysCarlow_thumb.jpg

Is it straight forward to get to?

straight forward from train or fitzpatricks?

straight forward from train or fitzpatricks?

Train or bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

google maps has the answer!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=St+Josephs+Rd&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FTdGJgMdJV6W_w%3BFYhiJgMdyrOW_w&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=52.847208,-6.900358&sspn=0.007115,0.016565&ie=UTF8&ll=52.84288,-6.910572&spn=0.014231,0.033131&z=15

That's about right. The new roundabouts and stuff on the dublin road aren't on google yet.
    That's from the train station. I'll give to a link from the bus park in a sec, but as patrickc said, you might be able to get let off at Fitzpatrick's garage which is only a few minutes walk from Homebase.

There's a link from the bus park
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=52.834014,-6.927266&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=%3BFYhiJgMdyrOW_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=15&dirflg=w&sll=52.835699,-6.920958&sspn=0.014233,0.033131&ie=UTF8&ll=52.83426,-6.925303&spn=0.003558,0.008283&z=17

Guys, thanks very much for your help.
    Friendly taxis knew exactly where to go, eventually lol. :)

Spent the weekend (so far) in the store getting it ready and i have to say, your going to have one fantastic shop there to shop in.

Cookers, tvs, cameras, fridges, mp3, everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Spent the weekend (so far) in the store getting it ready and i have to say, your going to have one fantastic shop there to shop in.

Anything for free :D

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Anything for free :D

The view? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

was up in home base today, and there was a hand written sign saying that currys will open on Friday 28th of Nov.

Wonder will they have any opening deals!

car wrote: »
    was up in home base today, and there was a hand written sign saying that currys will open on Friday 28th of Nov.

Wonder will they have any opening deals!

In a word:
    Tons.

There are some 7 day national deals going on from today till next sunday so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

I am going to stop off in currrys tomorrow evening on my way dwn the road, need a new laptop, docking unit for my iphone and I might buy a new televison if there are any on offer..
    So know of any offers tomorrow?
    Will you give me a discount? LOL

NervyChick wrote: »
    I am going to stop off in currrys tomorrow evening on my way dwn the road, need a new laptop, docking unit for my iphone and I might buy a new televison if there are any on offer..
    So know of any offers tomorrow?
    Will you give me a discount? LOL

I certainly will, just go in and ask for terry :)

speaking of currys, apparently they got free rent where they are for an unspecified time, to attract them to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

speaking of currys, apparently they got free rent where they are for an unspecified time, to attract them to there.

All retailers who take a long lease will get a rent free period of between 3 & 6 months. Average these days is about 4 months for smaller retailers and up to 12 months for big name retailers. Always has been the case, but the periods are about 30% longer at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AnthonyK7

Doe anyone know if the offers in Currysa Carlow are exactlt the same as their other stores?

As in the BRitish prices etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

I was up in Curry's in Carlow over the weekend and they had a sign on the door saying they were matching the British Prices down here. So happy days, no more need to commute up to the North. Hopefully the other shops will follow their lead soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AnthonyK7

car wrote: »
    I was up in Curry's in Carlow over the weekend and they had a sign on the door saying they were matching the British Prices down here. So happy days, no more need to commute up to the North. Hopefully the other shops will follow their lead soon.

Nice one, thanks for letting me know

Advertisement