Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Vodafone insurance cover water damage / smashed phones?

• 14-11-2008 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I am paying Vodafone €6 for insurance each month. I'm thinking about cancelling the policy but can anyone tell me will they actually replace the phone if it is accidentally smashed into a million pieces or water damaged? I'll probably keep the policy if they do, as my last few phones died of water damage and my phone is still €340 on their cheapest contract.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Well if you LOST it in water then they would cover it as the loss of the phone is covered!!!!

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Nephew wrote: »
    I am paying Vodafone €6 for insurance each month. I'm thinking about cancelling the policy but can anyone tell me will they actually replace the phone if it is accidentally smashed into a million pieces or water damaged? I'll probably keep the policy if they do, as my last few phones died of water damage and my phone is still €340 on their cheapest contract.

Hey

Have a read of these

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/insurance/

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/services/index.jsp#staymobile

Or just call the insurance company direct

"091 596240 between the hours of 8.30-17.30, Monday to Friday."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Be careful how you word it. Dont' say, for example, "I dropped it in the bath", but something like "I was splashed by a lorry and soaked". If they make it out to be your fault due to neglience, you won't get a thing. Vodafone refused to pay out insurance on my phone, when my sister was robbed, because my sim card wasn't in it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

chrislad wrote: »
    Be careful how you word it. Dont' say, for example, "I dropped it in the bath", but something like "I was splashed by a lorry and soaked". If they make it out to be your fault due to neglience, you won't get a thing. Vodafone refused to pay out insurance on my phone, when my sister was robbed, because my sim card wasn't in it at the time.

Good point, the phone must be in use on the network ie have the sim in it, at the time of the LOSS.

MC

Advertisement