Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

alloy wheel damage, anyone recommend place to get it fixed????

Options
  • 15-11-2008 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

i clipped the alloy of my car tyre on the pavement causing superficial damage but its a new car and i want to get it repaired, anyone got recommendations of good quality / reasonable car work shop?? galway city and county area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Didn't think you could get that repaired,but if you can, +1. not a new car but did the exact same thing and felt sick when I saw it

Im not sure if there is anywhere in the city but if your willing to drive out a bit AC tyres ((093)36027 might be able to help you. It depends what needs to be done. They are about 2 miles from headford on the main Galway to Headford road just past the Trading post. Not sure about price but I would think they should be reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

thanks for the advice! hopefully they can resurface it, it seems very superficial and only in the rim of the alloy yet wanna get it touched up !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

You can definitely get them refurbished with fillers etc, I got this done in the UK though never heard of anywhere doing it in Ireland?.

Might be a market there!

futura123 wrote: »
    thanks for the advice! hopefully they can resurface it, it seems very superficial and only in the rim of the alloy yet wanna get it touched up !!!

I dont think they will be able to re paint the wheel for you they would deal more in straightening bent alloys etc(I thought that was your problem). There is a place in the Ballybane industrial estate that do re-sprays etc and they will definitely touch up the surface of the wheel. I have seen wheels they have done before and they do an excellent job. I will try to get the name of the place and post it up as I cant remember it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

IIRC correctly, there is a company around Kildare who do alloy wheel repairs.

Maybe this should be transferred to Motors for some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

There is a place in the docks, Pat Rynn Engineering that does this.

great thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

futura123 wrote: »
    i clipped the alloy of my car tyre on the pavement causing superficial damage but its a new car and i want to get it repaired, anyone got recommendations of good quality / reasonable car work shop?? galway city and county area

Theres a tyre place in abbeyknockmoy that straightens alloys if thats any help

nah its not that serious that the the alloy is bent out of shape more grazing around the rim of it thank god

• Advertisement

I completely forgot about this thread until I saw it now. Sorry. The place I mentioned before is Westwide panel beating (091)753352 in the Ballybane ind. estate. I have seen alloys that they re-sprayed and it was an excellent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Leahy Engineering up near Harrys & Royal Rock are advertising Alloy Repairs. I seen a repair from Pat Rynn and would not recommend him for alloy repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

AC tyres did the deed for me... spot on.

Advertisement