Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire engine behind Health Sci

Options
  • 15-11-2008 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Does anyone know why a fire engine drove to the back of the Health Science building today?? We were sitting in a class and saw it go past, there was no sign of a fire!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Probably doing a clearance check on the ICO before opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Funny out, woke up this morning and looked out our apt window in Cappa to see a Fire Engine Cherrypicker opposite my mates block with the cherrypicker bucket on his apt balcony.

Seemingly the fire alarms went off in his block and the adjacent block and the fire services were called as a precaution.

Funny out though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

cson wrote: »
    Funny out, woke up this morning and looked out our apt window in Cappa to see a Fire Engine Cherrypicker opposite my mates block with the cherrypicker bucket on his apt balcony.

Seemingly the fire alarms went off in his block and the adjacent block and the fire services were called as a precaution.

Aye I rolled into work ~09:30 one morning during the week and one of the companies across the road from Ericsson had a fire drill. It was quite funny watching all of them filing out so early in the morning just as I was about to go inside after my morning smoke.

Hmmm it may have been an automatic response rather than a precaution, most alarm systems nowadays can be configured to call the appropriate emergency services when they go off so arrives a fire brigade of the fire alarm goes off in/near your gaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rmacm wrote: »
    Aye I rolled into work ~09:30 one morning during the week and one of the companies across the road from Ericsson had a fire drill. It was quite funny watching all of them filing out so early in the morning just as I was about to go inside after my morning smoke.

Hmmm it may have been an automatic response rather than a precaution, most alarm systems nowadays can be configured to call the appropriate emergency services when they go off so arrives a fire brigade of the fire alarm goes off in/near your gaf.
    didnt you get eushed out of ur building cos of a fire drill one day recently?

hardly prudent to mock them when u did the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

cson wrote: »

I know that in Thomond and Cappa steam from the showers can set off the fire alarm :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

klong wrote: »
    I know that in Thomond and Cappa steam from the showers can set off the fire alarm :eek:

Which is why its prudent for one to learn about the fire alarm systems and how one can turn them off.

Especially if one is prone to bouts of pyromania like me :p

Now, where did I leave my lynx can and lighter...

Advertisement