Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what club are you starting with?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

As a Manchester United fan, I chose Peterbrough, purely for the Ferguson link.

How about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Shamefully Man City

Just want a rich fun game to start off with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Cruzeiro.

1st through to 13th qualify for the continental comps in Brazil so I'm fairly confident of taking them into one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Liverpool and they gave me 4 mil to start off with!!! Dam hicks lol. How much did you get playing with Man City?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Unearthly wrote: »
    Shamefully Man City

Have ya bought Messi, Eto'o, Ibra, Kaka, VdV, Ronaldo, Gerrard et al yet ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Unearthly wrote: »
    Shamefully Man City

Think your idea of fun varies to mine, Small clubs all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Started with Willem II in Holland fairly randomly, see where I can get from there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Started with Chelsea as I have done since The Championship Manager series. After a few seasons I will usually start a career game which will occupy a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

SofaK wrote: »
    Have ya bought Messi, Eto'o, Ibra, Kaka, VdV, Ronaldo, Gerrard et al yet ? :pac:

If only! :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    Think your idea of fun varies to mine, Small clubs all the way!

That will be next. Usually start big teams then go for a small club career!
    Liverpool and they gave me 4 mil to start off with!!! Dam hicks lol. How much did you get playing with Man City?

55 million to start, then just before January transfer window they give you another 50 million or so to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

I've started with Wolves. Looking forward to a successful Championship campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decided to go for Spurs first before going on a long career game with Watford or Shels.

27 million budget for a mid-table finish:D

Signed Veloso and Arshavin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

gonna start as wolves.....have done since the days of cm2.....if im just messing about i'll pick 1 of the big 4......might try man city this time out just for a look see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Man Utd fan but I'm playing with Man City. I find it boring playing with Utd, maybe I just know too much about them or something. That and because of Robinho really. Bought Santa Cruz and Ben Foster but I prob won't buy anyone else until the new season.

After a while I'll be looking to take Notts Forest back to the dizzying heights of European glory!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Shels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Oldham in League 1 for me, its tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Started with Reading just to get a feel for the game.

I used to go with Hull from their League One days but after a season

After a Season though with Reading I will go back to Rushden & Diamonds and see if I can get past the Championship in this years game.... Not done it since FM07 :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nottingham Forest. Gonna be a long cold winter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

Carturo wrote: »
    Man Utd fan but I'm playing with Man City. I find it boring playing with Utd, maybe I just know too much about them or something. That and because of Robinho really. Bought Santa Cruz and Ben Foster but I prob won't buy anyone else until the new season.

After a while I'll be looking to take Notts Forest back to the dizzying heights of European glory!! :pac:

Did that with Forest in 08... Successive promotions then won Prem after 5 seasons... Lost 2 FA Cup Finals and a UEFA Cup final! Now in ECL Quarters in 2014, come on! Its stopping me from installing 09, I've too much unfinished business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

kramerica wrote: »
    Did that with Forest in 08... Successive promotions then won Prem after 5 seasons... Lost 2 FA Cup Finals and a UEFA Cup final! Now in ECL Quarters in 2014, come on! Its stopping me from installing 09, I've too much unfinished business!

Good going...what tactics did you use? I find 4-4-2 never works for me. I like 3 at the back but it's not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Starting with Ramsgate in the Blue Square South...damn the playes are awful but enjoying the challenge. Champions League glory here i come.:D

I'm already sick of the Spurs game.

Anyone recommend a team to start with? A good long challenge which will keep me busy til February at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm already sick of the Spurs game.

Anyone recommend a team to start with? A good long challenge which will keep me busy til February at least :D

Start unemployed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Sporting Gijon for me. 200k budget so see what i can do

Almost made the BSP with Ramsgate at first time of asking. 2-1 up in the playoff final, 5th minute of injury time they unleash a 30 yarder which clatters the woodwork, hits my goalie on the back and bounces in :eek:
    Lost on penalties :(

Ramsgate it is:)

Start with them now so.

Welcome to Ramsgate SantryRed...it'll be a challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sporting Fingal. Didn't let me build my own team from scratch but should be fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sligo Rovers, no tranfer budget, already over the wage budget and don't have a goalscorer when you start.

Wouldn't have it any other way.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dave-Morro

Planning to start with either St Patricks Athletic or Watford FC

Brought Pats to the Gruop stages of the Champions League in FM08 and got a grand 2-2 draw in the Nou Camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

Coventry City for me!! I used always start with Sunderland since Championship Manager but like to start low so Coventry will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

starting with tranmere:(

Advertisement