Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what club are you starting with?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

started with totenham but not going well.
    in a relegation battle.
    but things are getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I always have two games. My main one is always with Liverpool as they are my favourite club, but I always have a lower league game. I'm playing as Limerick 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

My Ramsgate career has now reached 2023/24 and our 4th season in the Premiership. Finished 2nd last season so Champions League footie this season.

Started with QPR in my first game cause of their chairman being the 2nd richest in England. Came 2nd even though they didnt expect me t oget promoted which was nice :) . Bought Peter Doyle & Nabil baha( Will knock in goals in the Championship for fun). Got a budget of 10 mill or so but when I got promoted they gave me **** all so I am fighting relegation bravely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

Started with QPR in my first game cause of their chairman being the 2nd richest in England. Came 2nd even though they didnt expect me t oget promoted which was nice :) . Bought Peter Doyle & Nabil baha( Will knock in goals in the Championship for fun). Got a budget of 10 mill or so but when I got promoted they gave me **** all so I am fighting relegation bravely ;)
    agree that you get barely any money when promoted , it makes it hard to stay up:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

playing with leeds, promoted first season, beaten in play-off's in season 2, just going starting season 3 this evening, planning on gettin to PL this season! delph has turned into a leading star for most premier division sides and beckford is unstoppable in front of goal!! got josh lambo in too but defence aint great but no money to fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bryan Habana

I'm on season 2 with Aston Villa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Started a new game with Birmingham.

Brought in Thomas Graevesen on a free and paid pittance for Bobo Balde and Rodrigo Possebon. Still have half my transfer budget left.

Also got Jay Simpson and Fransisco Merida in on loan. Merida has been one of my best performing players after only McFadden and yet I keep getting messages that the board are unhappy with his signing. I hate the board confidence system.

Tried to sign Stephen Appiah but he had a virus and failed his medical. By the time he got better there was 15 other clubs in for him and he signed for Reggina, that was disappointing.

Currently sitting 7 points clear at the top of the League in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Just got the game and started with Shelbourne. Started it in July though so I took over after 18 games. I've climbed slightly up the league table to 4th but putting together a cup run is my only chance of silverware this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Won the league with Blackburn in 4 seasons:D

Roque Santa Cruz scoring 40 goals in the championship winning season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

i have arsenal for a "big" team and East Bengal Club in India, tearing the league apart!!!!!

Just started a new game with Arsenal and my first three games are Pool away, Chelsea home, United away :pac:

That new game was the most exciting I've ever played.

Beat United in the League on goal difference by 4 goals.

Mainly helped by an 8-1 mauling of Tottenham just after Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Only got the game yesterday and I'm already onto season 2 with Shels. Bagged promotion on the last day of the season ahead of Sporting Franchise so up in the Premier now.

Bit of a rough start this year as it's been tough getting players. Made a feck load of money off preseason friendlies but my transfer budget is still only 2.5k. Trying to convince some up and coming Premiership stars to join on loan but not having much luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Managing Longford Town at the moment, such a bad team to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i started with manchester united, just to get the hang of it, as I havent played football manager since 06.

got knocked out of the champions league at the group stage, into semi finals of uefa cup, second in the league 4 points behind chelsea with 8 games to go, won the club world championship, knocked out in round 6 of fa cup

bought tim cahill in from everton, he got injured not long after, and then got injured pretty much every month.

signed micheal owen from newcastle for 3 million quid in the transfer window because carlos tevez was injured, owen not only scored goals but stayed injury free which was nice

gonna quit after this season and manager either cork city or wrexham

Roar wrote: »
    bought tim cahill in from everton, he got injured not long after, and then got injured pretty much every month.

Cahill is rated pretty good in the game. Especially in mid table Premiership teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Started one with Shels a few weeks ago.

Just finished my third season.

First Season: Won the First Division title by 10 points, was doing terrible up until July, when i then won 15 games in 17 to pull away from everyone.

Second Season: Got rid of a few players but kept the core of the team. Signed up nice Premier standard players including Conor Gethins, John Martin, Stephen Gough and Barry Ferguson. Had an amazing start to the season but my players eventually got tired because of a small squad and I came third, missing out on the league by 5 points. Won the Setanta Cup and lost in the FAI Cup final to Cork.

Third Season: Literally just finished this. Had a great start to the season and was top by 5 points coming in to July. Got an Israeli team in the UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round and won 4-2 on aggregate. However, got Middlesborough in the Second ROund:pac: Lost 12-4 on aggregate. Never recovered and eventually finished 4th in the league. Losing the Fai Cup final again, this time to Bohs :eek:

Loving the Eircom League at the minute in this :D

Just finished my third season at Shels.

Got promoted in the first, but the squad was shite so I just built up some cash and youths and got relegated. Won the First again in season three by 19 points, getting to the cup final in the process.

Also bagged a few experienced heads (Thomas Heary, Mark Leech, Joe Kendrick, Matty Collins, Mark Bower, Darren Wrack) along with a few good young fellas (Joxer Kelly, Garry Breen, Michael Noone).

Gonna mount a serious assault on the top flight this year, provided the likes of Casso stay on. He's feckin class.

EDIT: Also just signed Lee Trundle as an attacking coach. I expect to see a few fairies coming up from the academy! :D

Signing Mark Leech for Shels is a mortal sin.

• Advertisement

Ha ha true but Bisto and Hynes weren't doing it so needed a quick fix.

Hes definitely the right man to go to if you need something fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Training Mark O'Brien to Defensive Midfielder was a masterstroke in getting promoted.

Just started my fourth season. 2wins 3draws and a loss so far.

Some rediculous signings in my game.

Robbie Savage now plays centre midfield for Shamrock Rovers. Billy Clarke and Andy Robinson both play for Bohs!

I made a rediculous first team coach signing. Hristo Stoichkov!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

wtf!!!!! any chance of getting him out on the pitch :)

Started a new game with Athlone in the First Division, came 2nd in my first season and won the FAI Cup, think thats the best I've ever done in my first season in any version of the game. Gonna be weird playing in the Euro Cup from the League Of Ireland First Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

i have loaded ireland germany england spain france sweden italy my plan first is to manage finn harps and have a proper career. i have no interest managing in sweden or italy but ya never know..i hope i get hoffenheim job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Just finished my first season with QPR. Finished sixth on the final day of the season after winning my last six games.

Drew Sheffield United in the playoffs. First leg at home was 3-3 (after being 2-0 up :() and lost the second leg 4-3 (was 4-1 down at half-time).

Best signing was either Martin Stretsik (AML/ST) from Brno or Tinashe Nengomasha (DMC) from Kaizer Chiefs. Both were consistent, injury-free performers.

Looking forward tot he next season now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

anybody had a career as either fc koln or newcastle united. newcastle are basically the english equivalent of koln

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Had a go with FC Koln on FM07. They were in the Second Division. Got promoted as champions the first year. Finished tenth the second year and then left to manager Stuttgart where I won babck to back titles.

Koln are a joke though. The board was forever disappointed, even though the players were crap and they gave me no money to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

After a spell of unemployment in my newest game i've been with Stirling Albion for two and a half years. Still stinking up the Scottish Second Division but this year i think promotion is possible. It will have to be because my board is telling me the minimum expectation is that we win the league. There may be trouble ahead...
    DSB wrote: »
    Started a new game with Athlone in the First Division, came 2nd in my first season and won the FAI Cup, think thats the best I've ever done in my first season in any version of the game. Gonna be weird playing in the Euro Cup from the League Of Ireland First Division.

You could be in for some hiding in the Euro Cup!

Advertisement