Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what club are you starting with?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

Had a go with FC Koln on FM07. They were in the Second Division. Got promoted as champions the first year. Finished tenth the second year and then left to manager Stuttgart where I won babck to back titles.

Koln are a joke though. The board was forever disappointed, even though the players were crap and they gave me no money to spend.

lmao you get podolski back after first season but in my game they are forever getting relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dsmythy wrote: »
    You could be in for some hiding in the Euro Cup!

Haha with a bit of luck I'll get some team from Andorra and get through 1 round. Setanta Cup Football too, pretty much guarantees I'll have the financial clout to become a stable enough Premier team if I win the league this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

After missing out on the playoffs with Shels on goal difference in my first season and losing the playoff final the next, and with a not inconsiderate amount of alcohol in me I applied successfully for the Northampton job.

Took over in Jan with them lying 15th in the league. Brought in 8 new players in that window and finished 8th, missing the playoffs by goal difference again. Made a few additions to the squad in the summer, the biggest being Terry Dixon from Shels and the wildly inconsistent Tresor Kandol and won promotion comfotably enough.

Then I was approached by Sheff Wed (in championship) and I decided I'm going to be a merc and accepted. Gonna get them into the premier league, eventually challenge for the title and then jump ship to a club with champ league aspirations.:)

DSB wrote: »
    Haha with a bit of luck I'll get some team from Andorra and get through 1 round. Setanta Cup Football too, pretty much guarantees I'll have the financial clout to become a stable enough Premier team if I win the league this year.

Just got drawn against Appolon Limassol, probably a winnable tie, even though I'm certainly not favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Am giving Reading a go, should be able to bring them up I hope, although there are some decent teams around us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Giving Galway a go. They seem to have a very good squad for a team tipped to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Just finished my first season with QPR. Finished sixth on the final day of the season after winning my last six games.

Drew Sheffield United in the playoffs. First leg at home was 3-3 (after being 2-0 up :() and lost the second leg 4-3 (was 4-1 down at half-time).

Best signing was either Martin Stretsik (AML/ST) from Brno or Tinashe Nengomasha (DMC) from Kaizer Chiefs. Both were consistent, injury-free performers.

Looking forward tot he next season now.
    Got promoted in my second season. Finished 11 points behind West Brom but saled second place about three weeks before the end of the season. We finshed as top scorers in the division even though my top scorer only got 15.

Worried about staying up though. My strikers aren't up to it.

Just got drawn against Appolon Limassol, probably a winnable tie, even though I'm certainly not favourites.

Ended up beating Limassol on penalties but was beaten convincingly enough by Dundee United in the next round, won the First Division though, so season 3 is in the Premier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Started a new game with Athlone in the First Division, came 2nd in my first season and won the FAI Cup, think thats the best I've ever done in my first season in any version of the game. Gonna be weird playing in the Euro Cup from the League Of Ireland First Division.

Funnily enough i won the FAI cup with Athlone in my first season with them in Football manager 2006. I only came 6th in the league though.

Came 9th in my first season in the Premier, won the relegation playoff against UCD, they stayed up by beating Waterford from the First Division though.

Improved to 4th in the season just gone, and got to the cup final, a combination of those meaning I have Europe and Setanta Cup this season, I'll be looking to put in a title challenge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Came 9th in my first season in the Premier, won the relegation playoff against UCD, they stayed up by beating Waterford from the First Division though.

Improved to 4th in the season just gone, and got to the cup final, a combination of those meaning I have Europe and Setanta Cup this season, I'll be looking to put in a title challenge too.

Nice job. I find it hard to get a low to middle ranked team from the First into the top half of the Premier. Setanta Cup pretty much secures Athlone as a Premier Division club finance wise.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Nice job. I find it hard to get a low to middle ranked team from the First into the top half of the Premier. Setanta Cup pretty much secures Athlone as a Premier Division club finance wise.

Yup, I've completely revamped myself once again with a load of flashy 16/17 year olds that my scouts reckon will become leading Premier players, and I'm 2nd this season after 22 games behind Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I started a new game and managing Dorchester in the blue square south :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Bought fm2009 with the steam sale started as man city finished 4th-4th-2nd with only a fa cup win and 2 champions league semi finals to show for it mostly as arsenal didnt lose a game in nearly 2 year's till they played me on the final day of the 3rd season i finished on 91 points and they finished on 98 or so :( in past games 91 would be easly winning a league also i can never beat chelsea no matter what, they are for ever hammering me :pac:

Its taken 7 seasons of managing em but I've finally taken Athlone to the UEFA Cup group stages. League domination here I come surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

stated with celtic after 2yrs in charge was offered job at villa second season now at villa bought diego from werder bremen

Advertisement