Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions in Dublin?

• 15-11-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if anybody knows of any snooker clubs that set up competitions? I play snooker with friends once or twice a week and have done for a very long time, but would love to play against other people in a competition!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brenn o

Hi. what age group are you , I might be able to keep you updated with comps in Dublin....Next sat 29th Nov at Spawell is the 2nd over 35s comp organised by DBSL. also on Sat is a comp for all players outside the top 32 in ireland , its on in Galway. check out ribsa.net.
    whats your highest breaak???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

brenn o wrote: »
    Hi. what age group are you , I might be able to keep you updated with comps in Dublin....Next sat 29th Nov at Spawell is the 2nd over 35s comp organised by DBSL. also on Sat is a comp for all players outside the top 32 in ireland , its on in Galway. check out ribsa.net.
    whats your highest breaak???

I'm 25. My highest break is in the 60's, can't remember exactly. That was about 6 or 8 months ago when i was playing a couple of times a week. Only playing once a week at the moment, if even that, but would still be getting breaks of 30ish very regularily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Bryn wrote: »
    I'm 25. My highest break is in the 60's, can't remember exactly. That was about 6 or 8 months ago when i was playing a couple of times a week. Only playing once a week at the moment, if even that, but would still be getting breaks of 30ish very regularily

What part of the city are you living in? I play in the Dublin Snooker League for Glenalbyn (southside) and I could probably tell you where your nearest club is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Gingy wrote: »
    What part of the city are you living in? I play in the Dublin Snooker League for Glenalbyn (southside) and I could probably tell you where your nearest club is.

The pub i play snooker in plays in the snooker league, but i play rugby on tuesdays and thursdays so that rules that out.

I was just hoping to find somewhere that does a knockout tournament every month or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I was just hoping to find somewhere that does a knockout tournament every month or 2[/quote]

Sorry, I can't help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Big_Slick

Can someone provide some info on league snooker please? Where the clubs are that play, what the format is etc...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Hi,
    for anyone interested in playing league snooker in Dublin, all the information on clubs that play, plus competitions to play in is available at http://dublinsnookerleagues.dynalias.com. The league is always looking for new teams and clubs to join.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Hi,
    CrossGuns have a wednesday night flyer,starts around 7.30-8.00pm, it's only just started so it may take a week or two to pick up, aiming for a ten euro entry with either winner take all or winner runner up prizes, all depends on the number of entrants, you can enter online on the website contact page or by calling in or leaving your name by phoning up.

Advertisement