Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister Act

Options
  • 15-11-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Whoopi Goldberg has revealed that plans are afoot for a London stage version of the movie Sister Act

The 1992 film is being 'redefined' for its UK showing, its leading lady told Radio 1's Newsbeat.

A musical stage version premiered in California in 2006 and a UK adaptation will open at the London Palladium on June 2. "We're taking the show and redefining it and making it work," Goldberg said, adding that the main character will be younger than she was in the film.

"Sister Act will always live, so let us all get together and breathe life into it together," she said.

back in the habit again :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

JP Liz wrote: »
    back in the habit again :D

Amazing!

I cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Aww that looks so cool! But the lead will have to be as good as Whoopi Goldberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yay, that'd be so good! I'm excited already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

yay i love the film so i hope the musicals good.
    definietly something id love to see

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Loved the movies - that should be unreal, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Karniee_xO

:D:pac::D:pac::D
    yaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I just hope they don't do that thing they did with Wicked and make it British. Ruins everything imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

fonpokno wrote: »
    I just hope they don't do that thing they did with Wicked and make it British. Ruins everything imo.

It really annoys me wheh they do that - it is an American comedy and should be presevered that wya on the stage as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

That will be amazing!
    I would definitly go over and see it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Just a word that'll prob burst all bubbles
    Due to copyright issues etc, the actual songs that were in the movie
    wont actually be in the show
    Apparently Motown records have the original rights to the songs and are doin something else with those songs (some other project)
    From what Whoopi said it'll be original songs for the Sister Act show
    bummer eh!!
    Cant imagine it without those songs!!
    Whats the point!

• Advertisement
Advertisement