Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Mastercard interest calculations

Options
  • 15-11-2008 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have a mastercard with aib and just curious as to how they calculate the monthly interest. I am being charged 1.24%/month on purchases. Is this just taken as 1.24% of my balance the day before it's charged, or is it calculated every day (e.g. in October - 1.24% / 31 = 0.04% per day) ? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Interest on loans, mortgages and the like is calculated on a daily basis. It accrues and then is charged to the account quarterly.

I think mastercard is the same, it accrues daily but only charged once a month. Therefore if you make a payment your interest reduces the following day.

With regard to what rate the daily charge is you should contact the company involved. You should probably ask for confirmation of the above, mastercard is not my strong point and I am basing my reply on what happens with other borrowings and common sense :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Ah that makes sense anyway, thanks !

Advertisement