Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are YOUR Mocks?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

In our school,the mocks have always been on the week before the mid-term,but this year the someone suggested pushing it back til after the mid-term to give us time to study.Needless to say this caused a backlash among the students because they don't want to have the mocks hanging over them when they ought to be studying for the orals,practicals etc

Three questions.
    1)What is your opinion on the matter(i.e which would be the more suitable time?)
    2)When is your mocks?
    3)And does that time suit you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't know when mine are yet, but I definitely think that they should be before the mid term. Mocks are just practice tests and aren't very important, especially compared to orals and practicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

I had my pre-mocks after the mid term. Like most schools (I think), my actual mocks will be around February.

February is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Mine are starting the 3rd of febuary. Which is grand because it means i can go on midterm in peace.

But whats annoying me is the fact that ill miss 2 weeks of doing a prject for it, which makes me work harder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

3 weeks after christmas.. so whatever that date is. the 2 weeks before midterm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

When are your mocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Mine are in Febuary just before midterm I think...so 8 weeks anyway >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We decided to have half of ours the week before the midterm and half the week after the midterm.

This is to remind the students that the study should not stop during the midterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

janeybabe wrote: »
    We decided to have half of ours the week before the midterm and half the week after the midterm.

This is to remind the students that the study should not stop during the midterm.
    That's whats happening in our school too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Jan 29 - Feb. 13

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

mine are on the 16th feb,we have our midterm the week before:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Ours are the week before the mid-term! I wouldn't want them afterwards because you couldn't enjoy the break then, plus my birthday is the 15th so it'd be pretty crappy to have to study/have an exam on your birthday! I know a couple of people who's birthdays are during the actual LC. Hate that!

Yeah yeah, keep studying all the time over the midterm, so going to happen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm pretty sure mine are before the mid-term, the mid-term is earlier this year though, anyway I'm glad cos I don't want to have to study on my mid-term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Mine start on February 23rd, after the midterm, which actually suits me as it gives me time to do some serious cramming. I don't really think it's going to get in the way of studying for the orals as i'll have to prepare for my mock- orals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

9th feb start I think..

Advertisement