Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems With Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 15-11-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Ok guys here it Goes.

Swapped over from Bt Broadband to Eircom to get telephone line rental and broadband under 1 bill. the switch seemed to go over smoothly enough. eircom set me up on their 7mb BB package and things were great for about 3 weeks.

Now Our BB disconnects every 10 minutes or so. We have crazy slow Download speeds

Pics Attatched

2d9bjoy.jpg
    dd1ce8.jpg

xf865i.jpg

As well as that for a day or 2 there was Crazy static on the Phone Line. Now tonight There is no dial tone on the Telephone but my broadband is working ( slowly ) but working.

when i try to dial the house phone off of my mobile it rings but the telephone does not ring.

Have tried eircom tech support but found them to be as useful as a chocolate Fire-guard. im Fully convinced its a line Fault as nothing hasbeen touched regarding hardware on my side. Have any of u guys had any similar problems

Makaveli

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Your noise margin is dire and thats generally what causes the disconnects.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Ive Contacted Their Tech support and they say everything is fine.

guess ill have to keep badgering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ive Contacted Their Tech support and they say everything is fine.

guess ill have to keep badgering them.

What do you expect tech support to do exactly? I mean you said yourself you believe that its a line fault. Can tech support magically repair lines? Nope. Also where in the house is your modem? before you call tech support again check your modem page for the speed you are syncing at with the modem on your main phone point. Keep everything else off the line too (including filters) because the test is pretty much invalid if you leave stuff plugged in. With that noise margin though I would downgrade to 3mb...

I have connected it oi the main point. and still the same.

they say my line is fine from tests they have ran......

and we were on 7mb bt bb without any hassles 4 ages..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Hey,

Sounds like your line has a disconnected leg. Suggest you report your phone out of order, no dial tone, phone not ringing but call hears ringing tone. Once the line is repaired the BB will be back.

Regards,

Sham.

• Advertisement

Hey,

Thanks for the Advice. Will contact eirccom on Monday

Regards Makaveli

Advertisement