Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Degree!

Options
  • 15-11-2008 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey folks!!

Just looking for a bit of info! I am really interested in doing a degree in psychology! As far as i know my only option is to go back as a mature student as i didnt get enough points in my leaving cert nd it was wayy back in 2004!

So basically it will be Sept 2010 by the time i can qualify as a mature student and i am hoping to go to UCC!

Is there any plc courses night courses etc that will help me gain entry into the course because i am told it is really hard to get into with only a handfull of places reserved for mature students??

Thanks for listening any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Usually in September and January there are nightcourses with psychology classes that would help ease you into a degree. There is also an introductory course with the Open University or Kilroys College. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Think very hard about it.

I'm in my final year doing a psych degree and it's only in the last 2 years that i've realised how difficult it is to get onto post-grad courses. There's such a demand that you really need a first in your degree, and work experience, to stand a really good chance of getting on the course.

If you don't plan on becoming a psychologist, fair enough, but just thought I would warn you that it's a very difficult field to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Some info here: http://www.ucc.ie/en/mature/prospective/programmes/degreesarts/#A5

Contact the Mature Student Office in UCC who will be able to give you advice.

Advertisement