Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/CHORUS - Moving Apartment

Options
  • 15-11-2008 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I was living in an apartment in Cork City and had chorus/UPC bb for 2 years. Moved to a new apartment just 2 minutes walk away where I was told by the agent renting the place that there was chorus bb and tv available.

It was only after moving and gave the chorus moving house department a call I discovered that only chorus tv was available, not the bb. From the way this guy was talking I didn't trust him he really didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about, and seemed to want to get rid of me to the cancellations dept.

So I rang again and went to the tech support dept this time, and this girl sounded like she knew what she was talking about and said the previous guy was wrong. It wasn't available yet but could be organised to be available and just required an engineer to go onsite. So I waited a week for a call and got nothing. So I rang again to the tech support dept, this other girl says again not available in this block. I asked her to check the previous history and see was there any action taken from the previous girl. She could see that her request was forwarded on to the moving house dept and cause it doesn't show up on their website search, the request is denied.

I think this is ridiculous, these are new modern apartments in a central location in cork city, 10 mins walk city centre, 3 mins walk to the chorus building on georges quay. It has the chorus tv available not the bb, why not?

I really don't want to go to any of the other providers, imo chorus is the best value for money bb available in cork city at the moment, and do not want to have to put up with waiting a month to get a line enabled and another month to get bb from eircom for example, or Irish Broadband and their really bad customer service/tech support.

So has anyone else had this problem? and have any advice? Is there anyone specific I should talk to in chorus, is there any point in talking to a supervisor? From working in AOL years ago I know there is always a way around these things, but that was the UK and this Ireland, and we are 3rd world when it comes to broadband in my opinion. Anyway any advice would be appreciated, many thanks.
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

have you tried plugging in your modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 An Dagda

Yep tried that, didn't work.

Advertisement