Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v New Zealand; Croke Park 5.15pm (pre/during/post discussion thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

There are so many unforced errors coming in on both sides - but Ireland are trying to push it, which doesn't help

Yup really failing to spark any sort of chance dire stuff.

New Zealand are just playing this as if it's a training match just going through the motions with ease.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yup really failing to spark any sort of chance dire stuff.

New Zealand are just playing this as if it's a training match just going through the motions with ease.

they are only going through the motions now, the first half had great intensity, but now it is all too easy for the All Blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ye like comentry is saying New Zealand are unstoppable, just amazing.
    In my opinion they are playing awful and still destroying us, just showing how dreadfully we are playing. We should should concentrate on stopping anymore tries than scoring at this stage. There seems to be no pace about them, or New Zealand all very slow or something.

Ye like comentry is saying New Zealand are unstoppable, just amazing.
    In my opinion they are playing awful and still destroying us, just showing how dreadfully we are playing. We should should concentrate on stopping anymore tries than scoring at this stage. There seems to be no pace about them, or New Zealand all very slow or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Croke Park is a bloody library

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone else notice that the paddypower hoardings are upside-down? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

we haven't had any attacking threat - defensively we aren't too bad.

George Hook admits that the AB aren't playing well, but there is cause for optimism, as there aren't any teams as good as this in the six nations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

All 3 Tri nations sides are looking a little jaded at the moment. I think they're knackered after the long season.

In fact, I'm just looking for any excuse to explain the Boks two dismal performances so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Time to empty the bench methinks

any half decent chance of a try is scuppered by Ireland - 5 metres away and then giving away the penalty!!!!!!!! Frustrating isn't the word

• Advertisement

This game is soooo anoying to watch. Just so many mistakes, they need to relax and take a breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Saw that............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Snigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Truly awful display. No continuity, no ideas. We should have shipped 50 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,229 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thought they looked a bit funny

Hippo wrote: »
    Truly awful display. No continuity, no ideas. We should have shipped 50 or more.

Shows that the new defense coach has done something well. That isn't the first time that those paddy power things have been upside down, they were the same for the last game in Croker

eolhc wrote: »
    Thought they looked a bit funny

Thought it was deliberate, it was the same last season. So you'll 'notice' them better.

ali williams rte man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Hippo wrote: »

well, i don't know about that, the defence has been heroic in the face of numerous line breaks. I think the scoreline's been accurate: no attack from us, but we never looked like shipping 50 points (maybe that's more New Zealand not at their best though)

ABs less than totally sharp. They've had easily enough ball and territory to have really buried us.

• Advertisement

well, i don't know about that, the defence has been heroic in the face of numerous line breaks. I think the scoreline's been accurate: no attack from us, but we never looked like shipping 50 points (maybe that's more New Zealand not at their best though)

Ah Nz didnt seem to care once Sivatui try was disallowed but yeah first 40 was great defensive effort but it took its toll on them.

Backline failed to impressed im nowhere near convinced that this Fitz Bod centreship will work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Backline failed to impressed im nowhere near convinced that this Fitz Bod centreship will work

To be fair though, probably the entire backline weren't great today but they did show glimpses. BO'D showed glimpses of his best and Fitzgerald showed some good pace. You need to give the partnership a proper chance and not judge it on a couple of games.

Luke Fitsgerald was the only one that showed any great spark in the backline, Earls put himself about when he came on as well. Hope O Connell is alright for Argentina.

All the southern hemisphere sides won today.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Could someone please explain why New Zealand got a penalty try and Bowe was sent off for 10?

He knocked it back.

We see it all the time from high balls, players jumping up and tapping it back.

Horrible ruling in my opinion.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Could someone please explain why New Zealand got a penalty try and Bowe was sent off for 10?

He knocked it back.

We see it all the time from high balls, players jumping up and tapping it back.

Horrible ruling in my opinion.

Its a professional foul to knock or slap the ball out of the way into touch or off field. So the decision is completely right.

About Fitz BOD, i for once agree with Hook that Fitz imposes more of a threat then BOD how did feck all today lets be honest and if he wasnt a captain he'd loose his place, ill say it again id much before Wallace at 12 or a fit D'Arcy at 12 with Fitz outside him because at the moment BOD isnt offering us anything impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Are you serious?!! BOD and Fitz both played very well!

Fitz managed 3 line breaks, BOD got 2 and BODs offloading today was excellent. Defensively they were superb especially Fitz.

the all blacks won't have their strongest team out - they wouldn't be able to field the team they had today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Oh well! I think the All Blacks turned it on in the 3rd quarter. I don't know what Kidney was doing leaving an obviously injured O'Connell on so long, stupid decision. Overall though, as was said during the commentary the All Blacks were well and above any team we will face in the forthcoming 6N and we are only starting a new season with a new coaching setup and some new players. I can see us progressing under this management and I see some hope for the 6 Nations.

For now, roll on the game next week. I will be there and it is the most important game of this series. We need to beat Argentina, and I think that we should.

Edit: Oh yeah, Quinlan.....take it a bit easier! Too many penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

About Fitz BOD, i for once agree with Hook that Fitz imposes more of a threat then BOD how did feck all today lets be honest and if he wasnt a captain he'd loose his place, ill say it again id much before Wallace at 12 or a fit D'Arcy at 12 with Fitz outside him because at the moment BOD isnt offering us anything impressive.

This is an absolute joke. He made two excellent breaks, turned over ball, excellent offloading in the tackles, did a lovely kick and chase and regained ball, defensively he made not one error, he did excellent decoy running allowing Fitz into space, did 2 excellent tatical kicks.

Honestly to say BOD did feck all is completely untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Quinlan should be dropped, then shot.

Advertisement