Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5x15: "Remnants" **SPOILERS**

• 15-11-2008 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭

I missed the pre-title scene so Im sure this might have made a little less sense to me.
    Koyla thing was a bit bollox
    :mad:

No Synopsis available to me

What ya think? 22 votes

Atlantastic
    0% 0 votes
    McKay
    9% 2 votes
    Close the Iris!
    77% 17 votes
    Woolsey, Dick
    9% 2 votes
    Oh apparently this episode sucked 2 years ago we just didnt know it yet
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought it was quite enjoyable. Reminded me a lot of SG1:Message in a Bottle. In a way i'm glad Kolya was a hallucination. It would have been shit otherwise.(Though I was hoping Sheppard had really lost his hand :()

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was a watchable episode, which is unusual for atlantis. Ai chick was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It was good - the Kolja thing had me going pretty much until the reveal and I really thought Sheppard's hand was gone but they were gonna come up with some crazy explanation to grow it back or something. Not as strong as last week, but overall enjoyable. Woolsey was really good too and stood up to the IOA chick nicely - it's good to see him show some strength in his role for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Think i've watched too much stargate. Guessed what was happening almost straight away, didnt make the episode plot very enjoyable.

Few great lines from Woolsey and the ending of the IOA chick story line kept it solid enough tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Agree with all of the above. Also found it quite funny when McKay realised Selenka was still on his away mission.

Did not like new IOA chick - they use that far too much as a scape goat.

Like how Ronan and Tayla, while only playing minute parts, still got to have some personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Jesjes wrote: »
    Did not like new IOA chick - they use that far too much as a scape goat.

I'm pretty sure she's shown up in SG-1 at least, in the past, as part of the IOA... and it didn't feel out of place to have her come evaluate Woolsey's performance, as that was something Woolsey himself did in the past (and in Carter's case too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

enjoyable enough but "upon mature reflection" the plot was so full of holes "collander" would have been a more appropriate title.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Twas grand - I guessed immediately AI gal was in his head and related to the find and mildly figured the same for Koya. Liked the fact that Zelenka was also a hallucination (on a side note: Doesn't David Nykl deserve a credit placing by this point? He's in it as much as Teryl Rothery when she got her credit spot).

It was nothing amazing but we got more Wolsey scenes than normal and it cemented him as my favourite commander since Hammond. Decent enough overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

growler wrote: »
    enjoyable enough but "upon mature reflection" the plot was so full of holes "collander" would have been a more appropriate title.

Like how can an hillusination press the button for the transporter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

And also was able to throw Shepperd over the cliff, so I think the AI was controlling them physical but if it could do that way did it not just repair and relaunch the pod itself ?
    Like how can an hillusination press the button for the transporter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I quite liked it.

It reminded me a bit of the TNG episode The Inner Light which brought back some good memories.

There were some plot holes but they didn't really upset me and I especially liked the Zelenka bit at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    And also was able to throw Shepperd over the cliff, so I think the AI was controlling them physical but if it could do that way did it not just repair and relaunch the pod itself ?

that kind of thing !

in fairness if it could do all that it just did then there was no reason for it to be stuck in a bleedin puddle for 2 thousand years. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Didn't like this one - there was a sense of deja vu the whole way through, although I'm not sure what I was remembering ... it was reasonably obvious It Was All An Hallucination when Kolya turned up, how did he get to the mainland of the planet? There's no Gate there, he'd have had to come through the Gate in Atlantis, and make his way from there to the Mainland. Sheppard copped on in Home that the trip to Earth was an hallucination, so why didn't he cop himself on this time?

:confused:

Advertisement