Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professions in Wrath of the Lich King. What do you think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Those low level LW armor patches really sell well, the simple Borean Leather Armor patches are selling for me for 20g a piece. Sold over 60 of them yesterday.

Levelled up skinning yesterday to 411 on the DK and mining is at 316 so unfortunately have to stay in Outlands now to level it up further :/

Have made 3,000 gold over the weekend, not much further to go now until I have my epic mount. Skinning is really paying off but only because my Hunter can make the armor patches really.
    Mining is just rediculous, 20 x Thorium bars were selling for 99g and I was only half messing putting them up for that amount.

Starting to like this new server a lot as there doesn't seem to be any commercial gold farmers to compete with on the Auction House.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

havent taken any profs for my dk, ill wait till i ding 80.

only 74 now, feel like i have been questing non stop and getting minimal xp, maybe its becuase with my two mains i always used rested bonus.

i have completed every quest in borean, howling fjord, and most of dragon blight. althought i do have 2000 gold from vendoring everything i get like green boes and gear.

wont have any probs buying my flying mount ;)

whats the craic weith the dk flying mount.

how do we go about getting it. is it a chain q?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    whats the craic weith the dk flying mount.

how do we go about getting it. is it a chain q?

No you just buy it from the vendor in our starting area, forget what it's called, the place you recall too with your gate to train up skills etc.,
    I bought it by mistake, 950g :/ It's speed increases with riding skill though so you just buy the one mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Cost an arm and a leg to level enchanting to 440, can do all Wotlk enchants now but you get nothing in return people expect you to pay them to enchant there gear it's such a mess, only way to make money is to buy greens on AH and DE them the mats sell for a small fortune now i don't even DE items to stop non enchanters lowering the price on AH,
    But not in it for the money just to do enchants for guildys

bigest joke of all is tailoring though im at 435 atm and see no reason to level it further, the items are complete **** and are hardly a upgrade over heroic gear still wearing my sunwell chest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I found a decent income from selling enchanting scrolls with even crud like Assault on them for 100g a piece. Depends on the server I guess.

Mind you the vellum from the inscriber looks quite expensive. Armor III vellum was on AH for 40g each, it looks like it should be really cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Nehaxak wrote: »
    No you just buy it from the vendor in our starting area, forget what it's called, the place you recall too with your gate to train up skills etc.,
    I bought it by mistake, 950g :/ It's speed increases with riding skill though so you just buy the one mount.

cheers for that, so we can buy a normal flying mount at 70? the 60% or whatever it is. can we get a 280 mount? never had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Drakar wrote: »
    I found a decent income from selling enchanting scrolls with even crud like Assault on them for 100g a piece. Depends on the server I guess.

Mind you the vellum from the inscriber looks quite expensive. Armor III vellum was on AH for 40g each, it looks like it should be really cheaper.

Vellum enchants don't sell on my server unfortuantly, people can get expensive enchants with mats from AH and get 20-40g from the enchanter if he can level from it, i seen some enchanters offering 75g if someone chose them to enchant there items if it meant they'd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Thats purely why I was putting making the scrolls, if I was going to waste the mats, I may as well stick them on a scroll. Cash is easy to get in wotlk, many people don't seem to be bothered getting mats and looking for someone to do the enchant if they can just buy a scroll that's ready to go. Im guessing if it was for something really expensive they'd be more choosy.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    cheers for that, so we can buy a normal flying mount at 70? the 60% or whatever it is. can we get a 280 mount? never had one.

Yeah but just remember it's just the mount for that price of 950g, not the skill. You still must buy the respective riding skill and then of course also cold weather flying skill in Northrend also.

It is a nice looking mount though but not sure if it changes much at the higher flying speed other than speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm pretty disappointed with them tbh, I thought the BOP stuff that was there in for max level professions in TBC was fun. I have skinning and LWing in Wrath at the moment and I felt like I had 99% of the benefit from the LWing when I got to 400 (bracer enchant and cheap leg enchant), I went ahead and leveled it to 425 so I could make other people leg enchants (and the FrRes stuff handily enough) and I've stopped there.

There just doesn't seem to be much benefit at all to getting it to the max, everything is not just boe but pretty underwhelming as well - like the level 80 epic mail legs not only being worse than my Sunwell legs (expected maybe), but also barely better than heroic blues if at all. A couple of the pieces are semi-decent for me but I've just got other people to make them for me rather than maxing it up myself. I know LWing in particular was overpowered in TBC but I liked having a BoP level 70 set and I thought all the various patterns dropping in raid instances was cool as well. I guess it was fine that drums had to go, but why the rest? I really liked profs being powerful.

Question for anyone who might be in the know: If I drop skinning and pick up BS to have BS/LWing will the LWing enchant on bracer stack with the BS ability to put a socket in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

UUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tailoring

ugh ugh ugh

Seriously, Ensidia killed ALL CONTENT before the first tailor ACROSS ALL REALMS got 450. HELLO?

Blacksmithing and leatherworking world firsts took about 1 day. Tailoring took 2 weeks. Go figure.

Its retarded how theyve dealt with it this expansion. Last time out, the tailoring epics were FAR too good and easy to make (A mage in our guild who took a break was still competitive in Mount Hyjal with spellfire and spellstrike gear0o ) So to balance this, blizzard nerfed the tailor made epics but also made the profession retardedly difficult to skill up.

The Cloth scavenging ability you get sounds nice but in actual fact it doesnt stack with other tailors in your party. What this means is that the 3-7 extra cloths that drop, can be looted by all tailors. Great. Who needs a 4 hour flask when you could be standing over corpses with 2 other clothies in your group hoping for a proc.

Anyway, Enchanting seems far easier to level up this time around.

Oh and ken, stop dribbling about level 75 green crafted gear and level to 80 and craft yourself some epics. gg:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dustaz wrote: »
    Oh and ken, stop dribbling about level 75 green crafted gear and level to 80 and craft yourself some epics. gg:)

I'm not dribbling about greens, I've crafted all blues for myself, like this and this, it's actually beating most of the stuff I've been getting from instances, bar the rings and stuff, of course. Apart from my trusty Tundra Pauldrons and Expelling Gauntlets, it's almost all crafted stuff I'm leveling with. I'm 77 now, got a pair of these in my bank ready for when I hit 78.

I do have the mats saved up for a Titansteel Shield Wall of course. Been making dozens of them for people already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lving professions from 1 when you're lv80 sucks.

So annoying gathering copper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

levelling mining from 1 > levelling fishing from 1

trust me on this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At least its faster then it was.

Kiith wrote: »
    At least its faster then it was.

How so?

Dustaz my warrior had maxed out fishing at lv70. he learned it at lv70 by fishing in the barrens all day. I know the pain of fishing especially before pool tracking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How so?
    I meant mining, rather then fishing. Having your epic mount, and not having any enemies attacking you is a great help when doing gathering professions. I levelled my Pally to 300 (back in the day), by doing loops of Burning Steppes, Un'Goro and Winterspring. Was much quicker on my epic mount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I've currently got Herbalism / Inscriptions on the mage.. Went through every prof except Blacksmith on her.... Found those two to be the most useful. Especially with the Self Chant Inscriptions gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The mount is 950g and the skill is 720g but you dont need to buy another 280% mount as when you buy the artisan riding skill for 5000g your mount scales up and becomes 280% movement speed. So you end up saving a bit in the long run, afair.

Really cool, I must say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have already posted about how painful tailoring is to level up and how expensive it is, but I started leveling my warrior and managed to get his engineering from 325 up to 440 for less than 2000g. Considering he had the epic tanking helm at 72 with no hassle is just a sign that blizzard made a mess of tailoring in wotlk

• Advertisement

I gave up skinning (huge gold maker but sure...) and took up blacksmithing yesterday. Seeing as how I hit 80 and the pvp gear available is mostly complete rubbish, thought I'd take up Blacksmithing and see if it was any use.

Currently 295 blacksmithing and have to spend the next few hours farming thorium ore's in winterspring :/ Spent a fortune on Iron and Mithril bars when leveling it up though, just couldn't be arsed running around farming Iron and mithril.

I took Armoursmithing, thought I might as well as there was little in the way of decent weapons available for DK's to justify taking Axesmith/swordsmith instead.

Just a little pissed at how bad the pvp gear for honor is though, they shouldn't have bothered at all with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I took Armoursmithing, thought I might as well as there was little in the way of decent weapons available for DK's to justify taking Axesmith/swordsmith instead.

I wouldn't bother with a specialization, it's a waste of money and just not worth it for what's available at level 80. Seems like a good choice on Blacksmithing though, if you're tanking with a Death Knight, you'll be very happy to see something like this and this added in the new patch.

I wouldn't bother with a specialization, it's a waste of money and just not worth it for what's available at level 80. Seems like a good choice on Blacksmithing though, if you're tanking with a Death Knight, you'll be very happy to see something like this and this added in the new patch.

Ah sure it's done now, am an armoursmith :)
    That first link you gave, it looks like an axe but the info says it's a sword. Would prefer a 2h axe as I'm an Orc so the little extra expertise racial would help. Doesn't seem a great amount of decent weapons available for a Blacksmith in the expansion, bit disappointed :/
    380 BS now, still a fair bit to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There is also a crafted tanking 2-handed axe, coming in the next patch. Just for you orc dk's ;)

Well in the end i never bother with mining or bs cause i hate them. Went herb + alchemy as i always liked those two (consumable junkiee and i'm cheap). Loving 4 hour flasks. Got my fishing and cooking to 300 today. Just need to do outlands and i can catch up with northrend. I've been lucky in the fact one of the resto druids has been sending me ap and strength food to keep me going.

I can return the favour by masking elixirs and flasks for him. Guild paladin gave me mats for 40 x spellpower elixirs the other day and he got 60 back from my procs :D

Advertisement