Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread:Bolton V Liverpool [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Nolan, was just blocking keeper with his leg, not even going for the ball. Clear free out for me. Looks like Bolton had it planned to do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I like Dion Dublin and want to see more of him in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agreed, Bolton tactics - still a load of Barny Rubble.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I like Dion Dublin and want to see more of him in the future.
    Yeah I agree, a very fair balanced pundit which is a nice change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What a run from Gardner, very unlucky there. Looks like a great player

Agger has just lost a tooth!

Mike

Phew.

Did agger just hand a tooth to someone?

Cant see how he lost one because he didnt hit his face at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Melion wrote: »
    Cant see how he lost one because he didnt hit his face at all

his legs hit the post and forced his knee up into his mouth, ouch.

• Advertisement

Jesus, how can people play with Carra :D

el rabitos wrote: »
    his legs hit the post and forced his knee up into his mouth, ouch.

agreed, he got his own knee right in the face. Torres coming on..

Ah no Torres is coming on (cue Spain call and and another injury!)

Mike

Another miss :(

I can see myself being disappointed in about half an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Geez are Stevie and Robbie having a worst miss competition

Come on get a second

terrible second half performance.

Gerrard!!!!!!

• Advertisement

A-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Torres -> Gerrard -> Goal

Mike

Thank god

Stevie 2-0, great goal

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

what a cross from Torres and a good finish from Stevie...makes up for the earlier miss. should be game over!

The partnership is back in effect - Go on Stevie and Nando :):):)

Interesting to see how much better Torres is up front on his own as opposed to Keane - That long ball up front was a nothing ball that Torres did superbly to win.

That has to be the game now surely after a nervous half an hour

Torres has spent his football years playing up on his own, Keane never has.

Oh Alonso showing his class.

Mike

• Advertisement

Kuyt off Lucas on. :(;)

Mike

And Gardner swoops to win the worst miss competition of the day with his combined two efforts carrying the prize off for him.

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres has spent his football years playing up on his own, Keane never has.

Oh Alonso showing his class.

Mike

Thats true but I just think playing Keane up front on his own is a bad move and wish Rafa didnt do it. Fingers crossed we wont see much more of it.

I also dont want to see Carra at RB anymore. I just think its a terrible waste.

I think had the opposition been say WBA Carra would be in the middle and Darby RB but Bolton being the physical side they are Rafa probably thought his experience and size would be better.

Another open goal miss!

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A win is a win is a win is a win imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

True, 3pts is all that matters - but all these misses may come back to haunt us in the form of goal difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

good performance from pool. shaky 25 minutes at the start of the second half. Agger was playing well and so was aurelio. lovely stuff between torres and gerrard for the second. a lot of missed chances for both sides but liverpool never really had to go up a gear.

good win and good performance.

Riera, Alonso and Kuyt were fantastic.

Clearly Rafa wasnt joking about Nando not being back to fully match fit with the miss against the post.

When you think about it we've hit the post (Nando), the bar (Kuyt) and had two shocking misses (Keane & Gerrard) along with a number of other decent chances - on another day this could be a romp.

This definately looks like it would have been one of the games where we could well have dropped points in previous seasons.

Riera and Kuyt in the running for MOTM even if Riera did fade more in the second half.

Apart from set pieces Bolton's best chances came from Gardner causing Carra problems at RB with his pace.

Disappointed to see Keane have a poor game after his goals last week. Nice to have Nando back. Fingers crossed he won't pick up an injury on international duty. Gerrard quiteish in the first half when he was being man marked by Muamba. Alonso and Masch both solid without massively impressing.

I think Hyypia has to be regarded as 4th choice CB and want to see Carra and Agger as first choice pairing in all games until Skrtel comes back. Having Arbeloa back and down to zero yellow cards will be a plus esp with Degen out for another month :( In fairness I think he has been a model of consistently solid performances so far this season - one or two wobbles aside. Reina didnt really impress me a whole lot today but did well for McCann's shot from the free kick. Aurelio had a decent game but went through a wobbly patch at the start of the second half along with a couple of others. There didnt see to be an especially solid feeling about the back five which given Bolton didnt really threaten much in the first half was a tad worrying.

All in all a good result and well pleased that a potential awkward fixture away to Bolton is out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'm not gonna worry about goal difference at all at the moment. We'll just beat chelsea at home and that should take care of that!!:)
    Glad to see Xabi getting MOTM. He really has turned a corner this season and I'm just delighted that we didn't pay that extorted price for Barry, losing Alonso in the process.

3 Pts, back on top, over 1/3 of the season gone. Any Liverpool fan would've taken the hand off you if this was offered at the start of the season so it annoys me slightly when some take the pros out of it by saying our goal difference isn't as good as it could be.

Arbeloa's absence did affect the team badly enough but hopefully that's his suspensions out of the way till next season.
    Great seeing Torres back and showing why he's a cut above the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Liverpool are still not putting away teams with great ease. But you can see that they are starting to get there. If they can keep progressing in this way, they could have a shot. With Torres back, its only gona get better.
    Great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PHB wrote: »
    Liverpool are still not putting away teams with great ease. But you can see that they are starting to get there. If they can keep progressing in this way, they could have a shot. With Torres back, its only gona get better.
    Great result.

i agree, had that been chelsea or man utd totally dominating the first 44 minutes like that today bolton would have been dead and buried by half time. when chelsea or man utd go 1-0 up against the smaller teams you rarely see them hanging on for dear life as liverpool were doing until the second goal went in. liverpool have learned nothing from the spurs league game it seems

thought kuyt was great in the first half but barely touched the ball in the second. alonso and masch were good. some incredible misses in that game though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bolton (a)
    Everton (a)
    Aston Villa (a)
    Chelsea (a)
    Sunderland (a)
    Standard Liege (a)

No goals conceded. Zonal marking ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

that'll do pig :)

Diggler is the man xD

According to Gsports I was watching the match on, Lucas Neil was playing for us by the end of the match and missed a sitter. clown.

Lucas was in a queue!

Keane, Gerrard, Torres all missed sitters.

Mike

rossie1977 wrote: »
    liverpool have learned nothing from the spurs league game it seems

I know, you think we would have learned to put away easy chances not miss them for the laugh.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just caught the highlights, lovely assist from Torres and finish from Stevie.

Between this and Galway Utd staying up it's been a good weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »
    Great result.

didnt we put WBA away with great ease last week?

or do they not count?

On a side note; If Arsenal or Utd scored a goal today like our first, everyone on here would be tugging themselves off with excitement. it was an unbelievable passage of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

No complaints here. 3 points will do nicely.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan calm down! Thats the nearest thing to a rave review PHB is likely to give regarding Liverpool! :)

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats the nearest thing to a rave review PHB is likely to give regarding Liverpool! :)

Mike

true enough, i'm expecting a post saying that Arsenals two nil loss at Villa shows are they are still more likely to compete than Liverpool this year ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

.'`'.'`'.'`'.'`'.'`'.'`'.`'.'`'.*

(tumbleweed)

Pretty quiet around here.. I take it from that Liverpool won today? (Again) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

spockety wrote: »

(tumbleweed)

It's actually ridiculous the difference in Liverpool match threads when they win or lose. It makes the trolling after defeats even more absurd

spockety wrote: »

(tumbleweed)

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's actually ridiculous the difference in Liverpool match threads when they win or lose. It makes the trolling after defeats even more absurd
    Indeed it's very quiet. Where's our number one admirer et al? :D

all busy masturbating over Royston in the Sunderland thread i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Whatever about Aggers footballing abilities, I'm starting to admire the lad more and more.

Popping in dislocated fingers, partying in night clubs with tits out birds till all hours the night before a match and the best ever today, knocking his own teeth out and casually handing them to the physio, real man respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boggles wrote: »
    knocking his own teeth out and casually handing them to the physio, real man respect!

Just saw that on MOTD. Legend

Haha, that's EPIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

partying in night clubs with tits out birds till all hours

pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

partying in night clubs with tits out birds till all hours the night before a match and the best ever today

It wasn't a night club, it was a house party in Aintree ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement