Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom router, IBB service?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

hi,

is it possible to use an eircom branded netoipa 2247 wireless router with irish broadband service

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Short answer, no.
    Long answer...no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lol, cheers
    was thinking as much

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

BOBBY wrote: »
    hi,

is it possible to use an eircom branded netoipa 2247 wireless router with irish broadband service

thanks

If by "use" you mean as a router + firewall, then No, but it works fine as an access point & a switch for multiple PC's, so don't throw it away just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

gerryo wrote: »
    If by "use" you mean as a router + firewall, then No, but it works fine as an access point & a switch for multiple PC's, so don't throw it away just yet :)
    its not me, a friend of mine she's on IBB, but her bro gave her his old eircom router, she was wondering could it be used as a wireless router for her laptop at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

BOBBY wrote: »
    its not me, a friend of mine she's on IBB, but her bro gave her his old eircom router, she was wondering could it be used as a wireless router for her laptop at home
    Yes it will work for this purpose. I seen a guy do this a few weeks ago in front of me and it only took him 2 mins. I think you have to give the lan side of the netopia router the ip address that ibb gave you and plug the lan cable coming in from the ibb router into the LAN side of the netopia router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sarryan1

Yes it will work for this purpose. I seen a guy do this a few weeks ago in front of me and it only took him 2 mins. I think you have to give the lan side of the netopia router the ip address that ibb gave you and plug the lan cable coming in from the ibb router into the LAN side of the netopia router.
    How do you give the lan side of the netopia router the ip address thet ibb gave me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

sarryan1 wrote: »
    How do you give the lan side of the netopia router the ip address thet ibb gave me

I have no idea, but I have seen it been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

IBB Dsl OR IBB Fixed Wireless Bb?

DSL: yeah but you will need to enter the settings in the router

FWB: Bit harder, you may have to do some research, try over in wireless...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Advertisement