Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2009 World Beaters and Wonderkids

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

glenjamin wrote: »
    Bad to see there are no Irish on the list.

Were you expecting there to be any?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭danburke

Ah how do you view .slf files? the link for the names is that extension

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Frisbee wrote: »

McCarthy and Clifford perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Great list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

danburke wrote: »
    Ah how do you view .slf files? the link for the names is that extension
    It's a shortlist file. You need to import inside your Football Manager game.

• Advertisement

huh?

danburke wrote: »
    huh?

Go to your shortlist in the game (under Manager>Search).

Click on Shortlists in the bottom right of the screen and select Import Shortlist. Then Navigate to wherever the file is and hey presto.

Cool thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

yes clifford and mccarthy, but doubt you've even heard of them. or even conor hourihane named in euro u-17 team of tournament. being such a soccer fan u do know 3 ireland players were selected for that team right?

camel toe wrote: »
    yes clifford and mccarthy, but doubt you've even heard of them. or even conor hourihane named in euro u-17 team of tournament. being such a soccer fan u do know 3 ireland players were selected for that team right?

Relax lad - it's only a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

:rolleyes: there's always one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wow, I've played with them.

So am I better than you now?:rolleyes:

Easy there sunshine.
    I could just as easily rattle of the names of six completely obscure south american wonderkids. Does that mean I would be twice the football fan you are?
    Chill out.

Heard of Clifford and McCarthy, don't think either really deserve Wonderkid status tbh.
    However never heard of your man Hourihane.
    Who do they all play for in RL as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Conor Clifford is a youth team player at Chelsea.

James McCarthy is a first teamer for Hamilton.

Never heard of your man Hourihane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

Easy there sunshine.
    I could just as easily rattle of the names of six completely obscure south american wonderkids. Does that mean I would be twice the football fan you are?
    Chill out.

Heard of Clifford and McCarthy, don't think either really deserve Wonderkid status tbh.
    However never heard of your man Hourihane.
    Who do they all play for in RL as a matter of interest?

:rolleyes:

u said ''were u expecting there to be any'' in a presumably sarcastic fashion, prob meaning 'its ireland u could hardly expect any talented yung players'

i then informed you we had 3 players selected for the u-17 team of the tournament which means we have players in the elite bracket in underage football.

nothing to do with knowing more or anything like that.

That was you trying to be a smartarse and it backfired.
    :rolleyes:

u said ''were u expecting there to be any'' in a presumably sarcastic fashion, prob meaning 'its ireland u could hardly expect any talented yung players'

i then informed you we had 3 players selected for the u-17 team of the tournament which means we have players in the elite bracket in underage football.

nothing to do with knowing more or anything like that.

And I said 'were you expecting there to be any?' because why would there be.
    Clifford and McCarthy aren't wonderkid material. Simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

And I said 'were you expecting there to be any?' because why would there be.
    Clifford and McCarthy aren't wonderkid material. Simple as

They don't have to be a 'wonderkid' to be rated as -9. McCarthy is defintely a better prospect than say someone like Joe Mattock. A 17yo that has played over 80 games and has been linked with the likes of Barcelona and Liverpool should at the very least be a -9. Don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

Davide Santon. 17 yr old wizard from inter milan. Can play as a 'natural' anywhere on the right hand side. Picked him up for 10m. Bit pricy but worth it!!:cool:

Carlos Vela is unbelievable too

glenjamin wrote: »
    They don't have to be a 'wonderkid' to be rated as -9. McCarthy is defintely a better prospect than say someone like Joe Mattock. A 17yo that has played over 80 games and has been linked with the likes of Barcelona and Liverpool should at the very least be a -9. Don't you think?

Your correct they should be a -9 if their that good.
    defness wrote: »

Just like real life then so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

my favorite player is Balotelli right now, only mid way through november and hes got 16 goals in the premiership , im conceding alot but im scoring more

Joe hart/Asenjo/Leo franco

Ricards/santon dunne/zapata/caceres/kompany Marcelo/Caceres

Fernandes/veloso/M johnson(retrained)

SWP/zabaleta marcelo/Robinho/Vela

Mati fernandez/elano/Vela/Robinho

Vela/Balotelli/Jo/Robinho/Benjani

thats the team i have with man city on november of the first season

i play a 4 -5-1 and its successful so far, hammered chelsea/liverpool/arsenal/man utd , scoring average of 3.5 goals per game but thats alot to do with my teams tactics and attacking mentality. can't wait to see how many goals i get by the end of the season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kryiagos Papadopoulos, (18-Olympiacos-DC)

This kid is world class, available for just £1.8m (what i paid) and willing to go to any clubs in the Premiership.

Sergio Asenjo, (20-Valladolid-GK)

The best young goalie in the game. Well worth the £7m needed to secure his services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

defness wrote: »
    Davide Santon. 17 yr old wizard from inter milan. Can play as a 'natural' anywhere on the right hand side. Picked him up for 10m. Bit pricy but worth it!!:cool:

first game i played i got him and he was great. the second game i played he was even better, but it only took £1.7m to land him... not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

first game i played i got him and he was great. the second game i played he was even better, but it only took £1.7m to land him... not complaining.

He doesn't turn out that great. Well he didn't with me. Go for Opare instead. He is a wonderkid and only 900k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I'll search for some of these names later :)

Dunno if they've been mentioned yet but Fazio (Sevilla - CB) and Fabien Delph (Leeds CM) are supposed to turn out really good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Mgoraf wrote: »
    I'll search for some of these names later :)

Dunno if they've been mentioned yet but Fazio (Sevilla - CB) and Fabien Delph (Leeds CM) are supposed to turn out really good...

Fazio yes, Delph somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I had a bid accepted for Delph yesterday with Watford. Hope he does ok, got alot of CMs though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

He doesn't turn out that great. Well he didn't with me. Go for Opare instead. He is a wonderkid and only 900k.

well that's the thing about players who are naturals in more than 2 positions, they never fully live up to their potential, their versatility seems to be a trade off. but at the same time, this guy becomes good enough to start for most premiership teams, and is excellent cover for the top sides. The important part about players like Santon, who are naturals down an entire wing means they can slot into any system at any time, essential imo for those times when you're in the last 10 mins of a game where you're winning by 1-0 and on the backfoot, with players picking up knocks left right and centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

He's not a world beater, but Xabi Prieto from Real Sociedad cost me 5.5m and is keeping SWP out of a pretty good Man City team. Have him playing AMR, which is slightly out of position (he's a natural RMF) but he's doing extremely well, both assists and goal-wise. So far, he's my bargain buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

John O'Shea, plays for Manchester United, he's an irish international... he turns out to be a wonderkid... retrain him as a striker and uleash the fury!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement