Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't want to stay in Ireland

Options
  • 15-11-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right place but anyways heres my problem. I have to fill in my CAO over the next couple of months but I really don't wanna stay in this country for studying. I would like to go study screenwriting but I'd like to do it in America. I know it is a difficult career to get into but its my dream. (sounds corny I know) Even if I am not successful, I at least want to try it. Does anyone know how I go about studying abroad? Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hi if you are thinking of studying in America you should contact the American Embassy in Dublin. I think you also need to do SATS, (one of my friends whos Irish-American is doin lc and SATS and he did the SATS in St Andrews college in Dublin). The Embassy should know all about this.

You should look into studying in the UK if you want to study outside of Ireland. You could always request to study for a year in an American university under SOCRATES exchange programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 howtobeknown

dont know bout america but ucas.com for the uk,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

(sounds corny I know)
    Oh dear :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, are Irish Universities not good enough for you? As somebody above said, if you wish to go to a decent American University, be prepared to pay well in excess of €80k for your degree (An thats probably an underestimate).

Advertisement