Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Zyxel modem - set up with linksys router

Options
  • 15-11-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi All,
    i wonder if anyone can help me. i am trying to set up a perlico zyxel BB modem with a Linksys WGA 54 router. both were working fine until there were issues with the broadband and the perlico phone tech told my brother to reset the zyxel..thus blowing the config.

assuming the linksys is configured correctly can anyone tell me how to configure a zyxel modem to work with the linksys?
    i think it was originally configured for 'bridging' (in wan setup choose bridge instead of router) , ive tried to talk my brother through this but its still not working .

i think we need to set up something else either in lan or wan setup but i cant remember what.

any help appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

normally you'd just turn off dhcp and set it to bridged and reboot.

it's possible that if you have the default IP on both the router and the zyxel that they're both the same, which won't work. afaik the default IP address on the zyxel will be 192.168.1.1 and (depending on the firmware) may well be the same on the linksys unless it was changed when everything was set up.

it doesn't matter what IP address the zyxel has as long as it's not the same as the linksys. before you bridge the modem, try changing the IP on it to 192.168.0.1 and make see how you go. like I said, it doesn't matter really, just change it to something (in the 192.168.x.x range) that won't be used by either the linksys or any clients on your network.

if it's bridged then the linksys should be set to pppoe and have the user/pass credentials for your ISP in the main setup page so that it does all the authentication, not the modem.

let me know how you get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flagpole

changing the ip address of the zyxel and turning off the dhcp did the trick!!!
    thanks for your help

Advertisement