Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What do you blast when no one's home ?

• 15-11-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

We all do it, blast the loudest, fastest, most agressive music we have in our lists from time to time when no one is home, windmilling (if you have teh hair) playing air guitar, air drums, and air bass ! I'm talking about those situations where if someone walked in and you were going crazy you'd just stop dead in your tracks and act like you were trying to get a spider out of your hair or something..

Well thats what I do anyway ! :pac:

So what do you crank up ? For me its Death, Testament (their new album is brilliant), Morbid Angel, Carcass, Zyklon, great bands to go crazy to !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

For me it's gotta be KoRn, System Of A Down or the Occasional bout of Slipknot...

I love to just sit quietly and listen to it loud...

Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Head wrote: »
    For me it's gotta be KoRn, System Of A Down or the Occasional bout of Slipknot...

I love to just sit quietly and listen to it loud...

Head

Definately great taste in music there.

Prison song by SOAD is fun to jump around to, any SOAD song is good to try sing along with and die from not breathing. dunno how me man does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Opeth, NIN and Metallica these days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anything goes really,crytopsy,metallica,megadeth,alice in chains,deftones to name but a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

DUH I totally forgot about Metallica in my first reply. How dare me...

Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nightwish, Within Temptation, Sleater-Kinney, Skunk Anansie... when I'm all alone in my room and I want to *pretend* I can sing! :p

I'm more likely to pogo around my room to stuff like Slipknot :)

Also this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wont get fooled again by the who or without you by the doobie bros .Really get the blood flowing ..........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just open i tunes and press shuffle and see what comes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Anything.

But..especially the lunachicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Usually not the heavy stuff. I used to, but I think lighter stuff like post-rock and ambient that has a much greater dynamic range can be appreciated more at higher volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Actually I have to say that its when people are not around that I mostly belt out the lighter stuff....a Club 80s CD or something:eek:....sorry, its just the way I roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Depends on my mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Anything really by Fear Factory, especially from the 'Demanufacture' album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Epic stuff which sounds best when played at loud volumes. Hans Zimmer soundtracks from Pirates of the Caribbean and King Arthur and the like. Where metal is concerned, Children of Bodom sounds especially good at excessive volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I love putting Amon Amarth at max volume when no one is around. God I love that Viking Metal. Also Nightwish (End Of All Hope, Amaranth, The Siren, Planet Hell), Children of Bodom and Disturbed. Arch Enemy, Hammerfall, Angtoria, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames and Xandria. Just bought the album from Gojira last week and that sounds awesome when played very loud.

The Lord of the Rings soundtrack (trilogy) is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dream Theater to blast out, or else some of usuals ie. QOTSA, Stone Gods, Muse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

cradle of filth-guilded c*nt,farkin arrggghh!
    or a bitta 2unlimited,pends on da mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DenMan wrote: »
    I love putting Amon Amarth at max volume when no one is around. God I love that Viking Metal.
    Thor! Odin's son
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Your destiny awaits

**** yeah. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Mastodon!Blood and Thunder up to 11! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

some gojira is nice too,to play air drums too :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Sleep's Holy Mountain and rock out on bass. \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

When it's 4:30am and I'm walking home drunk with nobody else on the streets, I plug in my earphones, turn the volume way up, and scream along to Airbourne and AC/DC more often than anything else. If I've REALLY been at the whisky, I might even duckwalk for a bit...

ohh Testament, megadeth, carcass, meshuggah, slayer, cannibal corpse and few more:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Beethovens Violin Concerto always goes down a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's gotta be Carcass. Just seen em down in Brisbane, unreal gig. Seen em in the Tivoli years ago, pure mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Anything really by Fear Factory, especially from the 'Demanufacture' album.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

It's gotta be Carcass. Just seen em down in Brisbane, unreal gig. Seen em in the Tivoli years ago, pure mayhem.

Lucky you. I saw them in Hungary in August but the sound was sh!t. It was a shame and it didn't do them justice. Looking forward to seeing them again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Normally GnR AC/DC The Who or some Guitar Legend CDs for air guitaring.
    But every so often when no ones around I put on my Bond theme tune CD and prance around :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

deftones, faith no more, secret machines, six feet under, snot and various other aural delights impounded in my ipod!!
    Giddy up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Dalton666

Rush, Ufo, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Genesis, Megadeth, Mountain, Foghat, Montrose, Van Halen, Frank Zappa.
    Also agree with Mastodon Blood and thunder to 11

Advertisement