Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gradmed Revision Courses for GAMSAT Exams???

Options
  • 15-11-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience or opinions as to the worth of doing these preparation courses?

I'm a biomedical design engineer with a degree in Engineering and an MSc.

I've studied physics and biology for leaving cert and in third level and studied chemisty at third level (first year of degree)

I think their Verbal Reasoning courses could be worthwhile not so sure about the rest though. Very pricey it seems.

This is them. http://www.gradmed.co.uk/

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elc

i did the uk gamsat exam in sept and having done a non science based degree was surprised with how well i got on. hoping to go to surgeons in sept. i did the gradmed revision courses for bio, chem, physics and verbal reasoning/essays. as far as the science side of the exam goes i thought the course was worth the time, effort and money. not sure how worthwhile the vr/essay course was but that said i was confident enough in that area before the course.

if you're worried about the price tho i have a full set of gradmed notes (including course notes which i took) and the medprep book which i'm probably goin to sell if thats any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shammie

Hi elc, How's it going? Do you still have the Gradmed GAMSAT prep notes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brain123

The GAMSAT examination papers are never released to the public however you can check out more sample questions from ACER books, Des's notes, Medprep guides and the Medired guides and in forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mzharhms

elc wrote: »
    i did the uk gamsat exam in sept and having done a non science based degree was surprised with how well i got on. hoping to go to surgeons in sept. i did the gradmed revision courses for bio, chem, physics and verbal reasoning/essays. as far as the science side of the exam goes i thought the course was worth the time, effort and money. not sure how worthwhile the vr/essay course was but that said i was confident enough in that area before the course.

if you're worried about the price tho i have a full set of gradmed notes (including course notes which i took) and the medprep book which i'm probably goin to sell if thats any good to you.

Hi. Do you still have the Gradmed GAMSAT notes? Can I buy them from you and if so, how much are you selling them?

Advertisement