Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is with the lights in the library

Options
  • 15-11-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

This has been bothering me for ages. Why the hell do the lights in certain sections of the library just turn off at completely random times? It can often take ages for them to come back on! Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

As far as a few friends and I figured out last year, they could be energy-saving lights that go off automatically if there isn't movement detected within X-amount of time. Getting up and walking gets them on again. /shrug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Just have to add that since I posted the above a few minutes ago, the lights have started going relatively mad, turning off/on again 3 times. :mad:

I really should find better things to complain about, but I am board from doing income tax computations of couples who separated during the tax year.

EDIT: Thanks for that bluedolphin, that makes sense! I'll have to start listening to speed metal on iTunes or something to keep my head moving!

Advertisement