Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft Play for Kids

Options
  • 15-11-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm currently looking into the possibility of opening a soft play area for kids. I've got three potential units identified 1) Ferrybank 2) City Centre 3) 6Cross Roads area.
    I’d appreciate any feedback anyone might have in relation to locations and suggestions for what they look for in a soft play area for their children. I’ve got three small kids myself and think that Waterford needs a safe, quality play area for it’s young.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ferrybank would probably be a good choice ok, There isnt much there for the kids. To the best of my knowledge, isnt there one planned for the new units in Ross Abbey.I have 2 kids myself,and we usally head out to Runamuck or to kidszone for their parties.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id agree with Aquos - Ferrybank has a larger catchment area. Six cross roads is more comercial with a child minding service in one of the states. City Center is nice but probably expensive and awkward to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Good luck to ya, sounds like a good idea and something that is much needed.Hope it goes well for ya but I'd be terrified starting a new business in the current climate.Its hard enough for an established business to stay open let alone starting from scratch.But hopefully things will work out for you because I really do think Waterford needs more facilities like this, there's little or nothing for kids around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

+1 for the ferrybank area, i work in the childcare industry and find a lot of parents complaining about childrens parties being held in runamuck, not for the place but purely for the hassle of driving out of town from work to pick uo the child then driving back accross the town.

i also know that to avoid this a lot of parents are going to playbarn in new ross. bear in mind that there is also 5 full time day care facilities and numerous playschools in the ferrybank/slieverue/mullinabro area that regularially organise trips to places like this. and as th op said the rent outside the city is prob lower. best of luck with your venture:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

Hi Kidzplay,
    Did you ever open the kids soft play ?
    I am also interested in this and wondering how you made out.
    Thanks!
    D

• Advertisement
Advertisement