Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG OMNIA i900 16GB & Vodaphone 3G

Options
  • 15-11-2008 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Pardon my ignorance people but if I buy a SAMSUNG OMNIA i900 16GB simfree from a seller in the UK as a present, can that person get 3G from their current network (vodaphone) if they sign up?

Love all things tech except mobile phones so don't have a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Short answer yes, provided they have 3G coverage in their area.
    Wouldn't be the best solution for their main 24/7 internet connection mind you due to battery life of phones in general.
    No need to sign up per se but they would be highly advised to buy a data bundle.
    Vodafone do 1GB for a tenner a month on Billpay.
    See the Mobies / PDA forum for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

thanks for that answer Long.

email is the biggie and the E66 might even do the job.

Basically I want to be able to buy as good a phone at as good a deal as I can get online and be able to give this person the chance to use it with whatever mobile email service they choose.....so I could buy any simfree phone and that person could opt for a monthly deal on vodaphone as a changeover from pay as you go they are on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mazvis

Hello,
    I want to sell my omnia which is sim free. My email is n3sve1k4s@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Try putting it on www.adverts.ie

Advertisement