Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War 2 - boards.ie night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭wrathchild

savage id be well up for that....gamertag is wrathchild8

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I intend to be online tonight as well just as soon as I get out of here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I dont think i can make it tonight :(
    Snaga wrote: »
    Yup - it was good fun all right - though a disc read error kicked me out of my first game of Horde :(

You played a stormer during those games dude! usually the last man standing! Altho i did laugh during one round where you were in the thick of the action throughout and only got 1 kill in the end! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

Sounds like a great idea. It seems to take about 10 mins to get a group through matchmaking lately and it'd be nice for once not to have a load of 12 year old yanks crying for revives cause they can't shotgun rush anymore. Gotta love teh new stopping power :D

Gamertag - November One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Will try to get on if I can, have 20 meg down and 1.5 meg up so unless ne-1 with a synchrous connection is about I am willing to host (if i can make it)

Major Payn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I should be able to play tonight too.
    TangoOneX

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Hey Faceman. I read somewhere today that it is possible to begin a private game from what wave you died on.

With public matches, you start at 1 all the time. But if you're hosting again we might be able to start from a later level. You'll have to have a look into it! You were host, no??

I should be on tonight for an hour or 2. Invite me if you need players. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, private matches you can just keep on restarting alright. Was doing a private match myself the other days due to it taking so long to try and startup anything else to find other team members.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alright anyone who I haven't added and wants to play, just add someone else and we can invite you. Will be on in around twenty minutes. Horde?

Horde sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ughh. My poor eyes. That was an intense three hours.
    Sorry to anyone who didn't get in. Horde game filled up alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Up for this most nights Gamertag: Alkers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone up for a game on Thursday?

I will host a game on Thursday (20th Nov) at 9pm if anyone is around. :)

Add me if you dont have me on your friends list. The Faceman101

I appologise for being rubbush and dying within the first few seconds of each of the last couple of levels we did, was impressive watching the one man army take down the whole of the horde on those levels though.

I think we established that Ruins(?) is a crap map to do Horde on though, if Day One is the best though is another matter. Looks like you'd need to knock the difficulty down to casual inorder to get the level 50 acheivment though.

Some maps have great spots to huddle in like River, Day One, Stasis

Yep, Day One is good as you have two places where they cannot sneak up on you from behind but you have a view of the entire map. It was just a bit difficult keeping them from coming up the ramp in the later levels without getting blasted from every other direction at the same time.

River looks like it might be good to camp out in one of the houses as you have the upper floor to target the rest of the map from, but they can only come in at you from one point again. I't probably a bit safer from motar and rockets coming in at you as well.

Cannot remember which one Stasis is though, or if I've even done that map yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Horde is good crack. Wouldn't mind a couple of games of elimination style games warzone was it called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well up for this...Airblazer

I'll be on again this evening, unless I decide to open the new copy of CoD that I got at the weekend and play that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Security is the way to go if you're trying to clear horde.. Was playing with a cool bunch of english guys and the three of us managed to get to 37 on security only to be charged by a bunch of maulers and kantus.. disaster!!

Really looking to clear horde so anyone who wants to clear from waves 30 and up or wants a hand clearing any of the lower levels give me a shout!

I've to renew my gold membership so it'll be wednesday or so before I'm on again, prefer horde but I'll play anything once it's a good bunch up for a laugh!

Gamertag: Insanesomeone

• Advertisement

Have to do from 28 upwards myself so if anyone is up for starting from half way through'ish on some map would be cool. I presume that doing things in a private match where you can just restart a level if you feck it up still counts towards the overall level count though and you don't need to do a public match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Yeah you can start from any level that you've completed in a private match. As I said I won't be on til maybe this day next week but I'd be up for starting from 25 or so on Blood Drive or security! Add and invite me if you want my services!! :D

This still on tonight? Well up for a game.

Yep, I'm up for another locust bashing session tonight.

Feck it i didnt make it on at all last nite! Bloody technical issues!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Wouldn't mind getting an invite to some of these games some time, hard to get any kind of proper games with the crazy American's and random Dutch guys who are brilliant!

Gamertag: Mantel

If someone could add me as a friend that would be appreciated.

Sorry I missed last night, was just messing around with the NXE and then got another invite to a horde session with some other guys. Managed to get as far as level 18 on hardcore though which wasn't bad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'll be on tonight for some "hording" if any other Boardsies are there........... I'm looking at you Faceman and s1nk. I still have lofty hopes of getting to wave 50!!

Anyone else can add me too........ SteveDPirate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'll be on tonight guys

GT: BassmanMurph85

• Advertisement

I'll be back on again tonight. Probably need to not start at level one though, as much to just save a bit of time as anything else.

Advertisement