Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

water pump on a4?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

hi just wondering when water pump should be changed on 03 audi a4 tdi. timing belt was changed at 72000,its now at 102000.
    dealer said they normally do them at 120000 when there doing second timing belt .
    does that seem right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From experience when I had cars with timing belts I got the water pump changed at the same time as the belt as in most cars you have to remove the belt to get at the water pump. This saved money and hassel of having to get it done at a later date.

If you are getting the belt changed again my advice would be to get the water pump changed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

bazz26 wrote: »
    From experience when I had cars with timing belts I got the water pump changed at the same time as the belt as in most cars you have to remove the belt to get at the water pump. This saved money and hassel of having to get it done at a later date.

If you are getting the belt changed again my advice would be to get the water pump changed too.

ok bazz26 , thanks for that. il get it done at 120000 so.

Advertisement