Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World first - All WotLK content cleared

Options
  • 15-11-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Nihilum and SK-Gaming cleared Naxx, killed Malygos and Sartharion after 68.5 hours. Source. Fkin hell! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

sweet jesus that was quick !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Jesus christ, fair play, but seriously... I cannot see the fun in that whatsoever. yea yea yea, I know they get sponsored and paid and all that. What's left for them to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats crazy. my god they all must have powered to 80 to do the level 80 content.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jesus christ, fair play, but seriously... I cannot see the fun in that whatsoever. yea yea yea, I know they get sponsored and paid and all that. What's left for them to do now?

Play Left4Dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

see you at 3.1 nihilum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This is just an illustration of how Blizzard continue to go more and more for the casual gamer. Not trying to take anything away from the achievement but the game has basically been completed in less than 3 days. These guys are the best and I'm sure they put in a crazy amount of hard work and preparation but when you consider most of the 65 hours was probably spent leveling its ridiculous that even they would be able to complete it so quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This is just an illustration of how Blizzard continue to go more and more for the casual gamer. Not trying to take anything away from the achievement but the game has basically been completed in less than 3 days. These guys are the best and I'm sure they put in a crazy amount of hard work and preparation but when you consider most of the 65 hours was probably spent leveling its ridiculous that even they would be able to complete it so quick.

I think majority of them were in the beta and tbh its not new content. Its retuned content that Nihilum were the first in the world to beat.

Not saying it isn't an achievement but i'd be more impressed if it was totally new raid content.

also they're in sunwell gear and naxx is entry level raid so they didn't really have gear issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

when my dk was 60 they had 25 80's. its crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A group that farmed TBC to death, that used pre-dk guides to gear their dk's before wotlk.

Farmed inconsolable amounts of gold to aid their journey, who all experienced beta content, and had it passed to all others members.

Theres so many factors they have that aided them, that i think they need to get off their high horse.... Theres nothing wrong with blizzard aiming at the "casual"market.

Remember to them what the casual market is, these guilds consider those who arnt raiding 5-6 nights a week " casual"

Dont mind this nonsense and enjoy northrend...and let these guys wallow and moan that they ruined it for themselves.

I'm thrilled i made a DK, i can take my time and experience everything i can.

Also its worth mentioning, SK-Gaming disbanded some time ago... some players kept in a guild while others went different paths.

So basically, this clearance is a combination of sk-gaming and nihl...some of the most hardcore players in the world. Some of the most experience raiders in the world. I'd expect nothing less then them to absolutely rape this expansion to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lot of good points there.

i havent even been to northrend on my two 70s yet, more interested in leveling my dk on content i have done before!!

lots of fun, even though hes only 64.

havent played much, but im off work 2moro ;)

• Advertisement

Take your time and relax with it, thats my motto.

My guild are totally cool with me relaxing, albeit i was away all weekend, but they dont mind me breezing at all...cause im not going to burst it and end up just doing what tbc was, end game content and dailies over and over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I was busy all week so I only really got to play yesterday, I played a few hours here and there. Level 72 at the moment, it gets boring after a while and when you can get a better pug run than a guild run... well... it's pretty annoying ;) I should be lvl 80 in about 10 or 12 days, but I am in no rush.

I think majority of them were in the beta and tbh its not new content. Its retuned content that Nihilum were the first in the world to beat.

Not saying it isn't an achievement but i'd be more impressed if it was totally new raid content.

also they're in sunwell gear and naxx is entry level raid so they didn't really have gear issues.

Yes of course, but the point still remains they leveled from 70-80 and cleared everything in 3 days, When TBC came out even the best had to wait for while to gear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I really pity anyone who instance grinded to 80.. since Thursday I've been having the best time ever in WoW. This expansion is an absolute triumph, I'm really blown away by the quests, the zones, the amazing cut-scene.. so many brilliant moments that I can't share right now in case they'd be spoilers. :)

I'm 79 now, should be 80 today or tomorrow then it's back to WoW-as-usual - instances for gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

cause im not going to burst it and end up just doing what tbc was, end game content and dailies over and over and over again.

What tbc was? Its what vanilla wow was and its what Wrath will be. wow IS endgame. unless you quit when you hit level cap, all there is to do is do 'end game content' (we probably have different ideas what that is :P ) and dailies (and pvp and achievements)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

People who dont savour the level, miss out on a great sauce to World of Warcraft.
    It can definitely get grinderific to level, but only after the first character can that even be a fact or you shouldnt be playing. The quests, the storyline, the attention to detail and the craftsmanship are some of the largest aspects as to what makes this such a great game.

And yeah, I'm right with you Dr. Teeth. Wrath Gate ftw :D

Dustaz wrote: »
    What tbc was? Its what vanilla wow was and its what Wrath will be. wow IS endgame. unless you quit when you hit level cap, all there is to do is do 'end game content' (we probably have different ideas what that is :P ) and dailies (and pvp and achievements)

I understand your point, but I dont want to have burst through normal content fast, to have say, 2/3 of my WOTLK lifespan ( before new content) just farming instances.

TBC for the last few months for me was grinding instances, doing dailies. There comes a point when killing illidan etc for the 10th time takes away from the experience...

But fair point, it will eventually turn into a farm fest, i just want to have that experience as far away as possible.

Anyone else a bit worried about the ease of the content?

I mean, it's going to be so easy to do, that in about a month every single 80 will be in the same top-end gear.

Are they planing on releasing more tiers? And harder raids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

But fair point, it will eventually turn into a farm fest, i just want to have that experience as far away as possible.
    I'm taking the same approach. My main is now 74, but I don't plan on going near Dalaran until much much later. Since I'll likely be spending the next 18 months-2 years there, I may as well delay it as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

All the no lifer issues aside, I too am worried about the ease of content. Granted, it's an entry level instance and they are SWP geared but i've yet to be really challenged at all even while levelling. Even quests that say you need 3 and 4 people I am soloing with ease. Instances also, while fun and as Ivan said the attention to detail, environment and instance itself is beautiful.... it just seems to easy :(

I just hope what Nihilum say about Blizzard catering to the casuals is not true. I accept they need to be catered for, fine but dumbing down the whole game isn't the answer. Maybe it's not about answers though... maybe it's all coming down to the dreaded "bottom line".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Funnily enough, I thought that blizzard were trying to cater for the 13 million other people that aren't in TwentyFifthNovember's raids. What was I thinking?

To hell with the majority of casual players. Lets destroy a balance for the sake of 25 people who literally had to shit in a sock to achieve what they did.

Anyone who takes Nihilum/SK beating these bosses so soon as a sign of how easy new content is going to be with out having first experienced it for themselves is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

All the no lifer issues aside, I too am worried about the ease of content. Granted, it's an entry level instance and they are SWP geared but i've yet to be really challenged at all even while levelling. Even quests that say you need 3 and 4 people I am soloing with ease. Instances also, while fun and as Ivan said the attention to detail, environment and instance itself is beautiful.... it just seems to easy :(

I just hope what Nihilum say about Blizzard catering to the casuals is not true. I accept they need to be catered for, fine but dumbing down the whole game isn't the answer. Maybe it's not about answers though... maybe it's all coming down to the dreaded "bottom line".

The gear that you entered Northrend with will be very different to the future players/alts.

The quests cant be tuned to suit only the players who have nice gear and are moving into northrend after being 70 for months/years.

That's why the quests seem kind of easy.

I have the same with my well geared mage, soloing all the group quests, but if i were to go there with my lock who is in greens, i know it will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Ass Face wrote: »
    Anyone who takes Nihilum/SK beating these bosses so soon as a sign of how easy new content is going to be with out having first experienced it for themselves is an idiot.

It's not just taking it on their word, i'm speaking from my own experience of instances and quests i've done also, or did you purposefully not read that part of my post above?

I'm not naive, Nihilum/SK probably has the best PvE players in the world among them... so they will clear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

It's not just taking it on their word, i'm speaking from my own experience of instances and quests i've done also, or did you purposefully not read that part of my post above?
    Did you not read where someone else refuted your argument, or did you purposefully not read that part of the thread before?

You can't judge how easy the new content is for levelers until you level a character with gear that you would acquire from leveling up from 1-80 rather than with gear you have acquired at level 70.

If you're running around in full sunwell gear or even welfare epics from pvp/karazhan, of course the instances are going to be easy. You're geared to the teeth. Only when you've replaced all your gear with new items from WOTLK, can you judge.

I dunno, i found it stupidly easy when my warrior hit there and the only dps gear it had was from that event with the crystals, everything else was felsteel or random tanking gear. Decided to go fury and use full greens and the place is just stupidly easy so far.

It isnt supposed to be hard, it is supposed to be challenging. Some quests are ranked as group quests requiring 2-3 people. These quests can generally be soloed by any class with a pet, paladins, other healers depending on spec and gear level and mages if they can kite. Some of the other classes can solo them too, depending on how good their gear is and how the NPC(s) are set up, but not every class/gear compilation/spec can solo these 2-3 man group quests.

Personally though, I'd much prefer that Nihilum/SK steam roll their way through end game content, than have me and my guild banging our heads against a wall while Blizzard realise that the end-game boss A has an ability that is too powerful and needs a nerf. Then we get a nerf and the boss becomes stupidly simple.

Ass Face wrote: »
    What other way can you take them leveling to 80 and beating the end game content in less than 3 days?
    We all know how much work they put into this game but reading quotes like this
    The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculate in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?
    It all just points to it catering much more for casual players with less overall difficulty. I honestly don't see how anyone can see this any other way.

I can see it another way, and I'll explain why...

because Blizzard have already shown they are prepared to cater to the casual player/guild. If not by social epics, then by tweaking instances/raid content after the power gamers have gone through so as to make them more accessible to the slower raiding guilds until finally they are pugable.

Why would they change that dynamic now, by simply making it all too easy? If it's too easy, then casual Joe Epixlol Smith, wont want to be Mr SK-Gaming Guy and therefore will stop long before the difficulty of the instance ever becomes an issue for him.

These reasons, combined with the fact that they have already demonstrated that they are capable of doing such blanket nerfs across all content relatively easy, means they would have to be stupid to under-tune end game content and I think we can all safely agree that Blizzard are not stupid. Greedy, profitering and uncaring perhaps; but never stupid.

Finally, SK-Gaming and Nihilum JOINED. The 2 greatest PvE guilds of all time, merged together and presumably, received a healthy increase in their average skill level and in their average take home pay, makes for serious motivation. Combined with the fact that they have, believe it or not, played the beta content to death, makes for little room for difficulty.

Ultimately, is this content easier; probably. Is it a bad thing; personally, I dont think so. I'd prefer to spend a few weeks extra, grinding out the gear I want as opposed to spending a few weeks banging my head against my keyboard as 3 people out of 25 repeatedly fail to learn how to avoid numerous, obvious encounter wiping mechanics.

TLDR; I'm not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

68.5 hours my ass. Add up all the time they spent in beta + all the time they spent gearing up their characters = a hell of a lot longer that 68.5 hours. Beta access is a HUGE bonus as in EQ2 I had beta access for 2 months before the game went live and I was well ahead of the curve leveling up due to knowing the fastest questlines and which was the optimal gear/spec route to go with.

• Advertisement

I still think its been made far to easy. When a tank in full greens can do mega pulls in the instances something is wrong. GRanted if you go in there in average gear its a bit more challenging, but strolling my badge/t5 lock and hunter through was a bit of a joke. I enjoyed it in outland before because i was always behind other people, ive only been playign a year and i really enjoyed the challenge of getting myself into a posisition of being in the better guilds in the game and gearing up. I remember hitting Hellfire at 58 and wiping over and over again on simple ( well they are now ) quests.

Yes, i can understand blizz wanting the game to appeal to the more casual player like myself and others, but i have no desire to complete all the end game content just yet. I'd like to take my time and enjoy it as i did with outland. And i certainly dont want to pug end game. When i do complete endgame, i want to feel proud of the achievement.

Advertisement