Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Site

Options
  • 15-11-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Can anyone recomend someone who will build a basic website for me without me having to get a mortage out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Given the nature of the question I would advise people not to think about advertising their own or someone else's business here.

If its a genuine recommendation then fine. If its an attempt at advertising or shilling then bans will follow. So dont say you weren't warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's a young fella in Letterkenny who does this web site design, he's doing the Letterkenny Golf Club's site at the moment, that's how i heard for him (i'm a member). I think its a one man operation, so would probably be cheap enough.
    KS Webdesign - Tel : 086 1527874

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What do you need in this "basic" website?

Maybe there are free templates that'd save you the price of a web designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

My GF's Brother does websites on the side,If you want to PM me I can details for you..

This is a site done by a young guy from Donegal Town His contact details are on the bottom of the page..
    www.donegallettings.com

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

• Go to www.weebly.com.
    • Create your site and you will get a domain with www.yourwebsite.weebly.com.
    • To get rid of the.weebly.com, purchase a domain from www.register365.ie for €7.95 a year.
    • Go back to your site on weebly, get the info you need to change the domain.
    • Email register365 with that info.
    • Hey presto you got yourself a website for €8 and it's easy to use

I'd show you the one I did but don't want to be banned! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Smart girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neighbours

oh lovely lord I dont want any one banned Il do with the replies you all sent thank you very .Muffler we love it here and sure we think your the bees knees;)

neighbours wrote: »
    oh lovely lord I dont want any one banned Il do with the replies you all sent thank you very .Muffler we love it here and sure we think your the bees knees;)
    Ah sure I think Im the bees knees too :cool:

My little warning at the top may have read worse than I intended but we do have a strict "no advertising" policy here unless of course people want to pay for it in which case they contact the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

• Go to www.weebly.com.
    • Create your site and you will get a domain with www.yourwebsite.weebly.com.
    • To get rid of the.weebly.com, purchase a domain from www.register365.ie for €7.95 a year.
    • Go back to your site on weebly, get the info you need to change the domain.
    • Email register365 with that info.
    • Hey presto you got yourself a website for €8 and it's easy to use

That's really useful info, donegalgirl28 - thank you very much. I want to buy my husband a website (his own name) for Xmas. Luckily, his .com is available and it's cheap :)
    Will Weebly really host his page free once the name is changed? And if he should decide at some point in the future (pipe dream) to make a small online business out of it, can he still do that or will he have to 'move'? I was going to include a hosting option in his present anyway so I don't mind paying something, though his pipe dream could be a long way into the future and may not be worth some of the monthly fees I've seen quoted elsewhere.
    As for not getting to see YOUR website, I thought you were allowed to include it in your signature here - or maybe I was just dreaming???

well I went on weebly and I nearly went dooolally tryn then again im blonde and maybe it isnt blonde friendly :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

There's very little for nothing on the internet either. Sometimes these sites may bombard you or your viewer with ads, which isn't always that bad. Some free hosting is for first year and then they charge after. Often they will ask for credit card to 'verify' your identity but then they get you unknowingly a year later

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Will Weebly really host his page free once the name is changed?

Yep! Well they let me do it! Even when you type in the weebly part in my domain it redirects to the one I bought off hosting365. Weebly aren't lost in all this though. At the very very very very bottom of the page under my ads, theres a link to the weebly site and it says "Create a free website with Weebly". The way you can get rid of that is by upgrading to a Pro Weebly account for $4 a month or something.
    And if he should decide at some point in the future (pipe dream) to make a small online business out of it, can he still do that or will he have to 'move'?

Hmmmm.. I'm not sure. Maybe the T+Cs of weebly will explain more.
    I was going to include a hosting option in his present anyway so I don't mind paying something, though his pipe dream could be a long way into the future and may not be worth some of the monthly fees I've seen quoted elsewhere.
    As for not getting to see YOUR website, I thought you were allowed to include it in your signature here - or maybe I was just dreaming???

It's worth just setting up a weebly site, then if you want to expand it you can always move to a proper host. The only downside about this whole thing is that you don't get an email address. eg. info@yourwebsite.com. I think you can purchase it
    well I went on weebly and I nearly went dooolally tryn then again im blonde and maybe it isnt blonde friendly :eek:

Are you serious? Weebly is really easy to use. I love it. Drag and drop FTW!
    There's very little for nothing on the internet either. Sometimes these sites may bombard you or your viewer with ads, which isn't always that bad. Some free hosting is for first year and then they charge after. Often they will ask for credit card to 'verify' your identity but then they get you unknowingly a year later

With weebly, you can choose Google Adsense. You can decide how many ads you want on the page, and where to put them. I have them on my site on the front page at the very very bottom. It's just the one page and I've made money off it. They never asked me for a CC number or anything.

get the old thatch dyed. :D

well feck me pink and colour me purple he can joke pity its at my expense:pac: :pac:

but sure we would be lost without him

Advertisement