Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcomer ,bandwith query.

• 15-11-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hi ,just bought warcraft today along with burning crusade.

Warcraft is at the moment downloading an update of 1.1GB ,is the community so big that stuff like this is a little slower than your average stuff?

Can't wait by the way ,using computers years but never really thought about it ,until I started playing a certain Sony ps3 community program:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JTD.Vapour

Hello, this if for "warcraft 3" the rts game and not the MMO game. There is a different forum for that, none the less. The community is big, HUGE infact. I dont think it would be slower because everyone has the patch already, but with that being said the new expansion just came out and every server is packed and its very busy.

-Vapz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Cheers mate ,I bought the original warcraft for a tenner and then the addon for another tenner.

I presumed I couldn't play any addons without installing the original warcraft. It has windows 2000/xp as the basic OS.

Thanks.

This is driving me nuts now ,I downloaded a 1.gb update ,then a 25mb update.

Now the thing is downloading 3.27GB.
    Seems absurdly large for a game I just bought ,will I need to keep doing this all day :( ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Your going to have a lot of updates. Can you tell us what patch is being downloaded at the moment? Remeber, its over 2 years worth of patching you have to go through, as well as two major content patches (pre-TBC and pre-WotLK).

edit, thats pre-The Burning Crusade and pre-Wrath of the Lich King

Cheers ,the current download is 3.0.2 classic enGB win final.
    I haven't installed burning crusade yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You should have. I think it includes the big 2.0 patch. Would have saved you quite a bit of time. Although i'm not 100% sure about this. The 3.0.2 patch is the last big patch you have to download. Almost there.

Would there be any chance I could manually download the update.
    The download rate on the update is only about .5mb
    I've got a 3mb line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You can get all the patches here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

last patch is 3.0.3 which is 41 mb or something, am I correct?

You think they would have added all these patches to a recent version of the game.

Manties wrote: »
    You can get all the patches here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Nice one for the link ,getting a 2.6GB file at the moment from an open site. Didn't even have to wait for the link to activate.
    Almost halfway through the download already:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement