Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC!Ive Been Position 1 in the Queue on Hold for the Last Half Hour!!!

Options
  • 15-11-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Typical of their useless customer service ...Now getting regular drops of connection of 3-5 minutes along with chronic slowdown at remotely busy (9am on a Saturday!?) times...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol, they probably don't start till 10am or something. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I was talking about my internet connection being dropped not customer service when I said it was chronic ....Same useless net connection tonight making the new game Ive just bought unplayable ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Same here. Getting very poor pings, slow speed connections & intermittent drops. They are obviously aware that there is a problem, pity there is no real alternative bar moving to a country with decent a BB service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

ytareh, cdb

where are you 2 located.

im down in dundrum had a few drops there a week or 2 ago but all is fine now.

have really low pings aswell.!!(since the drops)

havent had a ounce of trouble since.

not to say the drops i was getting where bad. just one minute it would disconnected but only happens once per day and only ever a few days in a week

hope this gets sorted for you guys.

ytareh have you tried calling the premium number(cost more but way more effective if you have a problem).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Im in Leixlip and also getting 3 meg on Speedtest on "20" meg right now

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

I have got 10mb installed today,

Ran sped test and it shows around 8.5mb,

Although i am downloading a torrent and i am only getting 3mb speeds?

this is strange, i have open the ports and all

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

I'm on 10mb and the connection after speedtest.net shows barely 5mb...
    looks like I've been downgraded back to 6mb connection (that's the better scenario, right?)...

This is really strange 'cause I haven't had any problems since august this year...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Rang NTL/UPC around 10a.m today to ask about the poor speeds and intermittent drops all weekend. Was told it was fine now. Now was not the issue, was told to ring back when experiencing problems.

So same problems again tonight. 1.5 -> 2,5 Mb download out of the 10 Mb I'm supposedly on. Ring 1908 and after no end of menus am in the queue for BB support. 15 minutes pass and finally (after being in position 1 for 12 of those 15 minutes) I hear a sheepish female voice. 'Customer services'!!

I explained the issues, the earlier call etc 'I can't help you, this is customer services'... Arrgh.... Why?? 'you we're in the BB support queue for so long you've been transferred to customer services'... She went on to explain that the best she could do was get someone to call me back. How long I asked. '24 hours'... How about putting me back in the BB support queue. 'No point, you'll be transferred back to customer services'...

In all fairness to her she was polite and you could tell she is doing her best and all but this sounds like the old NTL level of support that would bring a tear to the eye. Not of the joyous kind mind.

What are the chances someone in UPC actually bothers to make the call and goes on to say that everything it is fine now.

Yeah I was told this afternoon after queueing for ages in the BB queue that I was through to customer 'support' ...and then made to queue some more ....I was given some sob story about Dublin Corporation not letting them have access to some site to find a break in a fiber optic cable ...The Scottish sounding UPC executive on Today FM last week claimed average waiting time around 90 seconds LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement