Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent modding in the GAA forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Its the truth GAA man, whether you beleive me or not.

Ive apologised for my comment about the Dub Fans. I think it should be let go and have already told the Mods that ill sit out this ban. I just miss the GAA forum.

kaimera wrote: »
    he was banned by me at the time; perhaps not for the initial post in the thread but shortly afterwards and the duration of the ban I gave at the time stood even with the "hacked pw" line I got.

And i took your advice and changed my password and found your info and advice helpful. I shared that computer with alot of people and presume someone made the comment. I then PM'd the person that got the offensive post and apologised to them. I dont need GAAman questionin whether im telling the truth.

Why we are bringing up a comment made ages ago as in relation to alleged inconsistent moddig is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

kaimera wrote: »
    he was banned by me at the time; perhaps not for the initial post in the thread but shortly afterwards and the duration of the ban I gave at the time stood even with the "hacked pw" line I got.

Kai i should have pointed out he was banned for the Flukey comment mea culpa
    Its the truth GAA man, whether you beleive me or not.

Look at it this way, would you believe me if i said that? I dont think so but we are all different

However you do understand that apology or no it is up to you to prove you are not a dick troll? And no thats not me callin you that but statin a fact. With the outburst you made on that thread you not think the mods would be right to keep a closer eye on you then other posters? Would you not do the same yourself? I know i would and this is not backseat moddin btw this is my own opinion.

On the subject of the whole "Dubs and 15 mins thing" yeah it might have been said in jest but it has gotten outta proportion not only here but elsewhere. Here it is november and i was in Bank of Ireland two days ago here in derry and the guy behind the counter made a crack about that and i dead faced told him "You think talkin like that to customers is a good business model?" he near shít himself but i smiled and told him i was jokin, there have been times where someone has said this to me and a totally different reaction was had

It was nippin it in the bud, just cos the All Ireland is over doesnt mean that shíte cant be thrown

I know ya but it is the truth.

Well in fairness that comment was a long time ago!
    I never thought a quick wit remark would lead to all this. Anyway, im off! Had enough!! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

deise59 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound like I'm just nagging at this stage, but its been 3 days since this topic was started and I'm still yet to hear from any of the GAA mods why Homer, Pride Fighter and Browney weren't banned like Super.

I posted that 3 days ago. Since then we have had 2 GAA moderators post in this topic and neither of you answered the question.

I PMed Blackbelt about the topic since he was the one that banned Super in the first place. 2 other GAA mods (Smashey and Cruserweight) have since posted here, meaning 3 of the GAA mods and numerous regular GAA posters know this thread exists, so I would hardly believe I'd need to chase them up with PMs every time I want a reply.

This topic is questioning the consistency of the modding, not whether super deserved a ban in the first place. Ok, I get it, he deserved a ban. You guys feel that way, Super has pretty much accepted it, so fair enough.

But thats not why I started this thread. If you retracted Supers ban, then the original question regarding the consistency would have been answered because that would have fitted in with the lack of bans in the forum the past week.

But thats not the case. We still have one poster banned, and 2 or 3 others with a simple infraction, or nothing at all.

So, shall I ask the question again? Do the GAA mods feel that Supers comment was in any way different to the similar swipes that were taken at the rugby supporters?

If yes, please explain in what way. If no, then why were the decisions regarding the ban taken in such a fashion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The first couple of comments regarding rugby seemed pretty harmless to me and I assume, the other mods (I played rugby for a long time). Darren 254 then comes along and calls the two guys "dickheads" and was quite rightly banned. Once something like this happens, we tend to be on the lookout for any more comments that could be deemed to be problematic or flaming/trolling. Supermanscat then posted his comment about Dublin supporters and was banned by Blackbelt. Blackbelt qualified this with the following -
    Trying to be funny or just get a reaction?
    It's the "reaction" bit that is relevant here because as I said earlier, whenever anything gets said about Dublin (team or fans), things deteriorate rapidly. In this instance, Blackbelt saw a potential problem and sorted it. The thread then died out.

Maybe that might be seen by some as inconsistent modding but we can't change that perception. We mods talk about various issues regularly and a lot of times we fail to agree. In this instance, we are all agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for that Smashey. I still can't say I 100% agree with the decisions, but I'm happy you to took the time to explain to me where you and the rest of the mods were coming from :)

Thread can be locked now, it's done its purpose.

I agree with Deise. Thanks for taking the time to explain!!

Is there anyway to appeal the length of a ban??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

deise59 i meant to post what i said in my reply to surpermanscats pm

The comments made against rugby people as far as i can see were to do with money and Maori's chasin a bit of leather

Now to the best of my knowledge there has never been bother in the forum or elsewhere due to saying rugby followers have money

Now if the Maori lads have a problem with callin a rugby ball a bit of leather let them come and tell us

On the other hand has there been bother due to the whole Dubs and "15 mins" thing, yes there has both here on boards and elsewhere

This is why it happened

Once again ill reiterate i never thought the remark would have led to all this. And to answer Blackbelts original question, no i was not looking for a reaction!!!
    Time for this thread to be locked me thinks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement