Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why have mods status shown?

Options
2»

Comments

Black Briar bringing 4 year old rubbish from another forum in here is a bit off topic like.
    With all due respect Bingo bongo/Tipptop is being very uneconomical with the truth there..It's not 4 year old rubbish,it's ongoing.
    But how and ever-I just gave the information-nothing further for me to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

With all due respect Bingo bongo/Tipptop is being very uneconomical with the truth there..It's not 4 year old rubbish,it's ongoing.
    But how and ever-I just gave the information-nothing further for me to say.

I don't know what you problem is, you seem to have some personal vendetta against me, you tried to get me site banned 4 years ago it didn't work move on,get over it, I have.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus christ how did we get to a bitch fest between two people over a question regarding mod status being shown? Tbh, without it, the place would be a mess. It has many benefits and I dont see any negatives with having it displayed. Whatever personal issues people have with each other just take it to PM. This is not the place to bitch about each other, even in a discreet way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Mods are people too. With feelings. We would all do well to remember that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Actually, I don't mind it so much. I like when people throw hissey fits because I don't agree with them, then bring in my status as a sort of frugal attempt to get one up. 'Disgraceful behaviour from a mod, etc etc....' :cool:
    In saying that though, when I came on first I didn't realise that mods were treated and are to act like regular posters on other forums...but meh. they will learn, it will be reinforced like the 'no free speech' thing forevermore.

WindSock wrote: »
    Actually, I don't mind it so much. I like when people throw hissey fits because I don't agree with them, then bring in my status as a sort of frugal attempt to get one up. 'Disgraceful behaviour from a mod, etc etc....' :cool:
    In saying that though, when I came on first I didn't realise that mods were treated and are to act like regular posters on other forums...but meh. they will learn, it will be reinforced like the 'no free speech' thing forevermore.

When you are wearing the uniform, you are what you are and you should uphold the values you wish others would follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Don't know if I'd disagree or argue with someone who has She-Ra in her sig tbh :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One thing that does bother me is when mods post in a thread that they've banned someone. I've never seen that before. As someone has said a mod posting in a thread can sometimes derail it if there's mod powers being used. If there's a hot thread, with say a contentious topic, and someone gets banned and the mod then posts that "so and so is banned", there's going to be backlash and then the thread turns into a "why was so and so banned".

I see what you're saying but you have to look at the other side of the coin. If one user calls another user a ****** faced cúnt or breaches the rules in some way, people will expect them to get banned or some mod action to be taken. If we don't post "so and so banned" then people will think that so and so wasn't banned. This can lead to the thread being taken off topic, loads of reported posts and a feedback/help desk thread giving out about the lack of moderation, even though the user was banned already. Leaving a note in thread is a lot handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

When you are wearing the uniform, you are what you are and you should uphold the values you wish others would follow.

If you disagree with me, fine. It has nothing to do with whether I mod another forum though, so that's a piss poor argument on your behalf (not you, the other you).

I have a responsability to the forum I moderate. That is all. Other than that, I have been banned before from other forums for saying things I probably shouldn't, and I will most likely continue to be so. People piss me off, and I them...what am I to do ;)?
    Don't know if I'd disagree or argue with someone who has She-Ra in her sig tbh :pac:

You can if you put skeletor in yours :)

• Advertisement

If you disagree with me, fine. It has nothing to do with whether I mod another forum though, so that's a piss poor argument on your behalf (not you, the other you).

I have a responsability to the forum I moderate. That is all. Other than that, I have been banned before from other forums for saying things I probably shouldn't, and I will most likely continue to be so. People piss me off, and I them...what am I to do ;)?

I don't disagree with you bosco. I think there are two very valid sides to this. Both have there merits but I don't really think either is right or wrong. As for the other me, not me, the other one? :confused: I think one of me is enough! My mum said I should never breed :(

Advertisement