Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for big packets of peanuts

• 15-11-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

I've taken to making my own peanut butter (peanuts + grapeseed oil in a food processor) and am delighted with the results.

Any idea where to get decent value on pre-shelled peanuts though? Obviously I'd need big packets to make a decent quantity.

Roasted and salted is fine for my needs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Chinese wholesalers sell unsalted peanut kernals.They would be worth checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Might be worth taking a trip to tescos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I buy the Tesco Value peanuts. Last time, I think it was 36 cent for 200g. I rub them in a teatowel to remove the worst of the salt, then throw them into the blender and make peanut butter.

You can either blended them until they turn into pb, but this takes ages and tends to ruin your blender, or you can blend them till they are a course powder, then mash them into PB yourself with a strong spoon or a proper pestle. I normally add a little olive oil and chili powder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Juran

Try Aldi .... huge pack of peanuts for 99 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Lidls do KP peanuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement