Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics or Biology

• 16-11-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am currently doing economics. Its ok, it looks kinda tough. I am not doing a science course in college but biology looks interesting. Should I move to biology. Which subject is easier? Is biology difficult? Will not taking a science as I'm doing none currently affect me for college? I plan on doing Law or something like that but I'm interested in game development. do I need a science for game development? Please advise me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭p15574

If working with 3D graphics, physics would be advantageous. Although not a science subject, honours maths would be too. Having said that, modern graphic rendering engines take a lot of the hard work out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

samapp wrote: »
    I am currently doing economics. Its ok, it looks kinda tough. I am not doing a science course in college but biology looks interesting. Should I move to biology. Which subject is easier? Is biology difficult? Will not taking a science as I'm doing none currently affect me for college? I plan on doing Law or something like that but I'm interested in game development. do I need a science for game development? Please advise me.

Economics is tricky but it's a very short course and if you get the hang of it, it will be one of your easiest subjects.
    Biology is quite a big course if I remember correctly, but not the worst either.

For most computer science courses you will need a science subject, although you can do the BA in Computer Science in UCD without any science.
    If you did just plan on doing law, to be honest I'd just do economics, put a bit of work into it and get a decent grade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I managed to pass LC higher level economics with absolutely no interest in it. It's grand with practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Atm I'm doing both. I have to say that Economics is by far the easier course. Its very short and the paper has alot of choice in it. There is a good bit of theory which can be very boring and there is a maths side with graphs in the course aswell. These can be hard but most of the people in my class prefer the math side to it.(Mostly cos we have an unreal teacher who teaches math aswell)

Biology on the other hand is a very large course. And unlike Economics it can be very interesting.

There is alot of learning in both courses(moreso in Biology though) Like some else said physics would be more of a help to you. And are you sure that you want to go down the business/law route? You might want to keep your options opened and do at least one science course if you aren't.

Advertisement