Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max MSP help!

Options
  • 16-11-2008 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi, I've just started using Max MSP about three months ago in class, and although we've had a project handed up, I still don't understand it. Does anyone have any tips or hints? We've to build a sequencer! I built one for the project but there was no sound!
    I have no clue!
    Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭darklow

yea max/msp is a beast of a yoke alright, i got a demo of it coz i have to have it 4 an MA in composition next year in cork, im workin through the tutorials, best way to learn and understand it, but there's more detailed and complicated tutorials on youtube and cycling74.com etc.
    wot class u using it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 BalletFreq

I'm using it in Digital Media Software Systems.
    It's rotten, it really really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭darklow

cool where you doin dat? do you compose using max r other software? i tink max is good if you want something really specific, is a lot faster to use absynth and massive etc, but max takes such a long time before you can make sounds like that. have you got the full version or the demo?

i need to build a sequencer! for a project!
    we have the full version in college!
    i have a demo on my laptop!

EDIT: I got it working XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

some great tutorials on you tube.

I use PD (pure data), similar...

just finished my first 16 step sequencer

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    just finished my first 16 step sequencer

Same here!
    XD

I think the tuts are pretty awful on the internet, I couldn't find what I was looking for at all!

Ye

Advertisement