Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Impressions? (FM09)

Options
  • 16-11-2008 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Alright lads how you finding it so far? Do you think it was worth the wait?, Are you impressed/annoyed with it?, Are the amount of bugs stopping you from playing?

For me I am very disappointed with it. I am just uncovering bug after bug, glitch after glitch. I'm not talking about the length of time it took to install and register through SoftAnchor (although that was very annoying), I'm talking about the actual gameplay. I've installed the patch but still there are just so many things wrong with it. When FM08 was released I didn't have half the amount of problems I've had with '09. I'm now considering not playing this until the next patch is released so I can sit down and actually enjoy the game. Hopefully SI will do something to resolve this asap.

Early Impressions 10 votes

Good
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Really enjoying it! Have noticed a couple of small bugs but nothing earth-shattering.

It's definitely a massive improvement over last year's initial FM08 release, which had some pretty serious bugs that affected it badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Think it's pretty good so far. Haven't had any problems with the actual gameplay itself. A lot better than the last version I had (07).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Finally got it working on saturday. Pretty impressed with her so far,

The new media interaction is great, you feel like the media are really out to catch you, great craic.

Just managed to bring Henry and Viera back to Arsenal HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

glenjamin wrote: »
    I am just uncovering bug after bug, glitch after glitch.

yup, looks like it's business as usual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mine's crashed a couple of times.

Frustrating to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

I have noticed a few bugs but nothing thats stopping me enjoying the game. Fantastic game I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

i cant even play it. the right click function or the 3d game engine wont work. cant wait for the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

I want to like it. I really do but I cant with all these bugs!! Is there any news on a 2nd patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

So far I'm enjoying it ... having a hard time with the tactics at the moment though, just can't get a win. But then I'm playing with Man City, so I guess that's realistic enough.

A bit disappointed with the press conference though. The answers don't fit so naturally with the question .. .fells more like survey style answers: I strongly agree with that statement, I agree, I neither agree nor disagree, I disagree, I strongly disagree.
    If the answers were a bit more contextualised I'd have been happier.

Apart from that nothing really jumps out as being bad.

Advertisement