Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collections Dundalk

Options
  • 16-11-2008 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the annual bin charges for the Oxigen bins in Dundalk? I can give them a ring and check anyway if I don't hear before Monday.

Is there any other operators about this area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

All I can tell you is that I get a quarterly bill from Oxigen and it is 78.41, which would make the yearly bill 313.64.
    I don't know if it would be cheaper if you paid this annually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There is another company ACE Recycling. I use them on a Tag per lift basis and find them much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Perhaps a touch of organic composting and bi monthly trips to V&W would make sense?

Seriously if you take out all the recyclable stuff ( I am not an environmentalist btw just a capitalist saving some money) there is virtually no waste left.

In any case V&W charge €2 to enter and if you have non recyclable rubbish it's €6 for as big a bag as a man can carry!

Good for the earth etcetera, etcetera but mainly your pocket.

Cheaper again. Take out the recyclable stuff and use an Ace recycling bin (large bin €5 per lift takes 3 times more than I can get in the car for €2 at V&W and I don't have to travel the 12 miles roundtrip from my home), get a composting bin (takes a huge amount of waste although I don't add to it in Winter as it doesn't decompose as well without a bit of heat) and put the rest in a bin which you only pay for when it is collected (in my case that's at most every 6 to 8 weeks). The charge per lift is €16 euro, so as a former rural Oxigen customer I am saving almost €300 Euro per year.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Sounds good.

My only issue would be the 6-8 weeks with stuff in the wheelie bin.

If I were to use a bin collection it would be ACE over Oxigen.

V&W are a good deal closer for me, about 2 miles max and right opposite where I fill up the car so works out for me - I go to v&w about once every 6 weeks.

• Advertisement

Guvnor wrote: »
    Sounds good.

My only issue would be the 6-8 weeks with stuff in the wheelie bin.

If I were to use a bin collection it would be ACE over Oxigen.

With no cooked food waste (thanks to a dog, prudent housekeeping, and a growing, hungry family), very little vegetative waste (compost bin!), and recycling, there is little or nothing to smell in the bin so it can sit happily until full. I certainly wouldn't put up with smells!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

hi, could you tell me who offers waste collection services in Dundalk and what are the prices in 2010?
    i'm writing a report and i can't find the exact info acurately enough.

thanks a mill for all your help

K

A quick suggestion. Look in the phonebook for companies (really only 2 in Dundalk that I know of) and simply give them a call.;)

Advertisement