Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose Piercings and allergies

• 16-11-2008 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I suffer a lot with allergies and have a stuffed nose and bad sinus quite often, so would it be a bad idea-r to get a nose piercing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 typerchick

From my experiences nose piercings heal really fast and arent that painfull so I dont think you would have any problems..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yes it would be a bad idea tbh. Piercing need to be kept clen, having a runny nose wouldn't help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Wouldn't be an ideal situation, and coming into the winter won't help a whole load either but if you are willing to give it a shot and adhere to good aftercare can't see it being massively out of the question :)

or maybe raze has a better idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well, I suffer from hay fever/dust allergies most of the year, and rhinitis approximately 100% of the year (allergy symptoms, in other words a drippy nose, brought on by sudden temperature changes. It's very sexy) on top of bad sinuses and I have a septum and a nostril piercing. To be honest it's never been a problem, I tried to keep taking antihistamines religiously during the healing periods and avoiding blowing/wiping my nose as much as I could.

Some cotton buds are handy to have on hand for obvious reasons :) just keep it clean with salt soaks and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 BalletFreq

These are great thanks!
    Yes, it's quite annoying, but I'm guessing many people have the same problem and the nose piercing endures the attacks!
    Would it be better to get it done in the summer? and get the translobe now (:D)? What would you suggest?!

Thanks anyways, for your advice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's up to you really... I preferred getting mine during the summer, because it's easy enough to fend off hayfever or at least calm it down with antihistamines, but colds aren't as easy to avoid ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 BalletFreq

Thanks again!
    I'll have a think about it so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Probably depends on the person, how bad your allergies are, etc. I have perenniel rhinitis and I had a nostril piercing at one point, I took it out after a few days because I was in so much pain. Don't know how bad your allergies are, but I will say that if you tend to have ten to fifteen minute sneezing fits a few times a day (like me) I would advise you not to get it done. However Gauge said s/he had no problems with her nose piercings so obviously it just depends on the person, etc. Good luck if you do decide to get it done!

Advertisement