Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Srv 2008 sound problems

• 16-11-2008 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

For whatever reason I can't get sound drivers that will work for 2008 and a creative Soundblaster. Or does anybody know a site that hosts all the vista drivers you could possibly need. Often some of the drivers I download will not recognise the O/S, I'm trying this out as a work station, everything else working A1 but no sound therefore no music/film.
    tried the usual suspects creative, m/soft, motherboard audio drivers
    trying to avoid those "scan your pc for free" crap sites. Any other ideas???

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Please read the charter
    Don't double post.

Soundblaster ?
    As in the original ISA soundblaster ?
    or a later model or a soundblaster "compatible" one ?

Have you check the manufacturers site ?

Lookup the Device ID in device manager and google for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zulp

Yes checked the manufacturer's website - creative are notoriously slow for putting up new drivers, and I'm not really expecting too much that they would have a specific driver for server 2008. ISA ?? you mean ISA slot on a motherboard from 15 years ago? The sound card works fine (pci slot) with win 2k or win xp don't know about vista, my computer has a few o/s running.
    As for the double post soryy about that, I couldn't find a way to link it or post once in two seperate but relevent areas.

Advertisement