Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Masked man' of Tullyallen

Options
  • 16-11-2008 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyones heard about this yet:

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/halloween-figure-seen-carrying-bloody-knife-1537395.html

I'm very surprised it hasnt been yet.

Anyway, while i write this i come home after a night of heading about with my friend who lives in the center of the village and we were trying to find anything suspicious.

But what amazed me was the amount of people we came across who had nuggets of information about this.

Heres some of them:

As it says that he has been hanging around the graveyard (which may i add is very small and has about 3 entrance ways), he has also been said to have been digging small holes and placing black bin bags over the headstones...

Obviously from reading the article he likes to freak people out by going to their windows and standing in gardens.

One quite disturbing and if it is true he deserves to be slapped about a little, is that he took up a headstone of a child who had died and left it at the familys front door. I personally dont believe this one is true, but if anyone has any objections go ahead.

Places where he has been spotten:

This is possibly the most worrying thing.

He has been sighted it Tullyallen (of course), The Glen at newfield in drogheda scaring kids down beside the bridge, Gormanstown, Bettystown, In the town of Drogheda, the graveyard at moneymore.

And most recently, yesterday (friday) he was seen in the morning or afternoon at the dale,(near sacred heart) talking to kids telling them "not to go that way on their way home".
    Also that evening at the fun fair that is situated beside lidl near the M1 retail park.

And then tonight in Termonfeckin.

This lad is getting around!

There is speculation that it isnt just the one guy, that its a group of 4 or 5 lads.

I thought i post this thread just to try and shed some light on the subject and just to get a general census of what people think about it.

Remember:
    910f25bf-84c9-4e52-_230299c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Haha, a mate told me about this and I thought he was taking the pi$$!. :D

I thought it was Dundalk he was supposed to be floating around?. Just staring in peoples windows and then when they come out he would walk away.

It has to be some dude just pulling the pi$$ since halloween or something?.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Feelgood wrote: »
    I thought it was Dundalk he was supposed to be floating around?. Just staring in peoples windows and then when they come out he would walk away.

It has to be some dude just pulling the pi$$ since halloween or something?.

I heard the boys are from Dundalk. But i didnt want to say that and then it not.
    I know how passionate dundalkers are when they are accused in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamie_jj69

If I see this dude in my area I'll personally batter him... and I wont be the only one.... there'll be many more queuing up to do the same. Surely the kids headstone is a myth, nobody is as sick as that are they? Plus if he put it outside the family's door then he obviously knew them or knew about them...

They've obviously achieved what they set out to do and got a bit of local publicity out of it.

jamie_jj69 wrote: »
    If I see this dude in my area I'll personally batter him... and I wont be the only one.... there'll be many more queuing up to do the same. Surely the kids headstone is a myth, nobody is as sick as that are they? Plus if he put it outside the family's door then he obviously knew them or knew about them...

They've obviously achieved what they set out to do and got a bit of local publicity out of it.

Be careful what your saying, that could be seen as an illegal threat and you could get warned and all that.

But anyways... To be honest you wouldnt be the only one, i know of a few guys who have said the exact same thing out in the same areas as above.

(may i add that i do not condone this kind of action)

I know how passionate dundalkers are when they are accused in the wrong.

Hehe, too bloody true..

I reckon this guy is gonna end up getting a serious kicking off someone, its actually pretty funny though. Is the whole graveyard thing true?. That's a bit weird alright...

He still could be a complete nutter, anyone who has time during the day to walk around in a Mike Myers costume has to be a complete nutter or just someone that is extremely bored. Then again Louth can do that to you.

Probably wouldn't scare me too much to be honest, I live in Ardee close to the mental hospital!!!. :D

• Advertisement

He still could be a complete nutter, anyone who has time during the day to walk around in a Mike Myers costume has to be a complete nutter or just someone that is extremely bored.

I really didnt want to reply to another consecutive post in my own thread :(

But heres what i wanna say lol.

He has been seen at some crazy times in the night- 7, 9, 10, 12, 1 and 3 in the morning aswell.

He has been seen at some crazy times in the night- 7, 9, 10, 12, 1 and 3 in the morning aswell.

I think I will start dressing up as Batman and go looking for him in the evenings....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

can ya imagine lookin out ur window some nite and seeing that muppet looking back at ya...as they say-baseball bat!
    maybe hes just looking for a party

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think I will start dressing up as Batman and go looking for him in the evenings....:D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Hehe, too bloody true..

I reckon this guy is gonna end up getting a serious kicking off someone, its actually pretty funny though. Is the whole graveyard thing true?. That's a bit weird alright...

He still could be a complete nutter, anyone who has time during the day to walk around in a Mike Myers costume has to be a complete nutter or just someone that is extremely bored. Then again Louth can do that to you.

Probably wouldn't scare me too much to be honest, I live in Ardee close to the mental hospital!!!. :D

Thats not in the least bit funny. :mad: I'm :o for you. Hang your head. I hope you're never inflicted with a mental illness. You wouldn't be laughing then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I read about this in the sunday papers last week!

Pretty freaky no matter who it is!

Can ya imagine just looking out your window and seeing "that" !! I would sh iite myself!

One guy i spoke to in tullyallen, it was his newphew or something who is terrified to leave the house and its really worrying for him because he loves just going out and playing football and all that like any child.

But he is inconsolable since it happened, he doesn't understand why there would be anyone who would do something like that, and of course, when he seen him in the paper of the newspaper article, he was just as bad.

The guy/s are going to have to watch out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I'd prefer if the Gardai lifted him. Chances are it's fellas taking the piss but then again.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Whoever is doing this is just doing it for the publicity. The image of Halloween slasher Michael Myers is a pretty frightening one burned into our collective consciousness.:eek:

michael-myers11.jpg

He will probebly show up in another part of the country soon. Hanging around one spot would leave him open to being caught. But has he actually done anything wrong in terms of committing a crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I knew he didnt die.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Few mates of mine who were at a house party in Darver over the weekend said somethin about it being some lad who was there or something..wasnt really paying attention to what they were saying..must try to find out more.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    He will probebly show up in another part of the country soon. Hanging around one spot would leave him open to being caught. But has he actually done anything wrong in terms of committing a crime?

The best they could do is intimidation.

As my mate pointed out, he was asked to remove the mask or leave the shop and he just put the carton down and walked out.
    Its the cleverest practical joke thats probably ever been conceived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reckman

what i'd like to know,is where they found out about the child's cross?can anyone shed some light on the situation???but at least mr myers is being quiet sure he might frighten people,but it's not as bad as those lad's spinning around in the car park and graveyard!!looking for him at 1 and 2 o'clock in the morning,there's people trying to sleep not to metion people with small kid's up around that area..

reckman wrote: »
    what i'd like to know,is where they found out about the child's cross?can anyone shed some light on the situation???but at least mr myers is being quiet sure he might frighten people,but it's not as bad as those lad's spinning around in the car park and graveyard!!looking for him at 1 and 2 o'clock in the morning,there's people trying to sleep not to metion people with small kid's up around that area..

Ah yes, the tullyallen vigilante.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

hes supposedly 6 foot 4 or therabouts, hence the reason people have been reluctant to use violence to get rid of him..

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the tullyallen vigilante.
    is it true about that poor child's cross was left at the family's frontdoor?

is it true about that poor child's cross was left at the family's frontdoor?

Your guess is as good as mine, i was just using an example of one bit of urban legend story that has come from all this.
    There are loads more.

hes supposedly 6 foot 4 or therabouts, hence the reason people have been reluctant to use violence to get rid of him..
    he's just a man,the same as any other,a kick to the stone's would drop him just as quick as a baseball bat or any other weapon's the lad's have..

Your guess is as good as mine, i was just using an example of one bit of urban legend story that has come from all this.
    There are loads more.[/quote..he has to be one sick freak to do something like that..

There are loads more.
    you would have to be one sick person to do that on somebody,:mad:

you would have to be one sick person to do that on somebody,:mad:

yeah :( thats very true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

But the Michael Myers lookalike hasn't actually done anything incriminating yet, has he? I mean, if pets start getting slaughtered in the area, then it's time to be really worried.

PS Not much can stop Michael Myers - not bullets, not knives and certainly not a kick in the nuts.:p

MichaelMeyers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

JupiterKid wrote: »

PS Not much can stop Michael Myers - not bullets, not knives and certainly not a kick in the nuts.:p

MichaelMeyers.jpg

It worked for mini me!

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    It worked for mini me!
    ha,what a classic..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

Its just an urban legend!

I bet he has not done half the stuff people have said he has done its all just an urban legend and chinesse whispers.

Advertisement