Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Masked man' of Tullyallen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

allow me to be the first to congradulate "comic book guy" on his/her new found fame in this weeks edition of either the dundalk democrat/leader(whichever one is sittin on my table at home!) as there is a story about this mike myers wannabie and "comic book guy" gets quoted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

papagormo wrote: »
    allow me to be the first to congradulate "comic book guy" on his/her new found fame in this weeks edition of either the dundalk democrat/leader(whichever one is sittin on my table at home!) as there is a story about this mike myers wannabie and "comic book guy" gets quoted!

I'm intrigued, as i live in drogheda i didnt know a thing about that, could you tell me what paper it is and i'll get it tomorrow?

its in the "dundalk leader" newspaper, its a free paper that goes around the college. I had looked up a website for it, but dundalkleader.com appears to be under construction. U planning on taking them to court on the grounds u were quoted without your consent by a paper?..if so, remember who tipped u off!:D:D

its in the "dundalk leader" newspaper, its a free paper that goes around the college. I had looked up a website for it, but dundalkleader.com appears to be under construction. U planning on taking them to court on the grounds u were quoted without your consent by a paper?..if so, remember who tipped u off!:D:D

If its a free paper, which circulates the college and of course it is quoting my alter ego, i think its worth a go? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lord_Jericho

My friend's younger brother who is only 10 was in his local shop in Fatima Park, Dundalk when he walked in. He told me that he just stood in the middle of the shop and stared at him, then he went behind the counter and stood there, before leaving. That happened 2 weeks ago, just after the first sighting.

• Advertisement

i agree completely! you should take them to the cleaners...and ahhh...maybe donate half of your compo to the guy that informed you of the qoute..!!(wer in a recession afterall, and im a poorly student);)

My friend's younger brother who is only 10 was in his local shop in Fatima Park, Dundalk when he walked in. He told me that he just stood in the middle of the shop and stared at him, then he went behind the counter and stood there, before leaving. That happened 2 weeks ago, just after the first sighting.

Thats interesting, the fact that he went behind the counter?

i agree completely! you should take them to the cleaners...and ahhh...maybe donate half of your compo to the guy that informed you of the qoute..!!(wer in a recession afterall, and im a poorly student);)

Maybe next week we'll be front page news! :pac::p

Thats interesting, the fact that he went behind the counter?

Yes, according to him he walked behind the counter, but didn't take anything.

Its just an urban legend!

I bet he has not done half the stuff people have said he has done its all just an urban legend and chinesse whispers.

Cant really argue with that bit of info:

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BeachedWhale

This lad was in Manydown Close housing estate on the red barns road in Dundalk last Saturday night! he knocked on the living room window of the house I was in at the time. the curtains were closed, and my friend Alexi, who owns the house, opened the curtains and shrieked when she saw him. He stayed at the window for thirty seconds roughly but he sprinted off when we went to the front door. jaysus, he can run like an olympian. i dont think he was holding a knife or anything, like some people are saying. Alexi was in tears of absolute horror for a long time afterwards :(

I should probably mention some small details. Well, he came in to the shop stared at my friend's brother like I said, and when he asked "Why are you staring at me?" The guy went behind the counter and as he did this, the cashier climbed over it. A minute or two later he took off and got into a car. My friend's brother says it was a silver car, and there were 3 or 4 other lads in it. He had a knife with blood on it, but my friend thinks that it was a fake. This took place just after the first sighting, but before we knew about the whole thing. He told me about it a few days later when I called down for him, the day after that we saw an article in a newspaper. Like I said, it happened in the shop in Fatima Park, Dundalk

Well that is all he told me, hope it helps.

I should probably mention some small details. Well, he came in to the shop stared at my friend's brother like I said, and when he asked "Why are you staring at me?" The guy went behind the counter and as he did this, the cashier climbed over it. A minute or two later he took off and got into a car. My friend's brother says it was a silver car, and there were 3 or 4 other lads in it. He had a knife with blood on it, but my friend thinks that it was a fake. This took place just after the first sighting, but before we knew about the whole thing. He told me about it a few days later when I called down for him, the day after that we saw an article in a newspaper. Like I said, it happened in the shop in Fatima Park, Dundalk

Well that is all he told me, hope it helps.

The cashier climbed over it?

Was the car a small car, an audi a4?
    http://images.google.ie/images?um=1&hl=en&q=silver+audi+a4+hatchback&btnG=Search+Images
    This lad was in Manydown Close housing estate on the red barns road in Dundalk last Saturday night! he knocked on the living room window of the house I was in at the time. the curtains were closed, and my friend Alexi, who owns the house, opened the curtains and shrieked when she saw him. He stayed at the window for thirty seconds roughly but he sprinted off when we went to the front door. jaysus, he can run like an olympian. i dont think he was holding a knife or anything, like some people are saying. Alexi was in tears of absolute horror for a long time afterwards :(

That sounds very upsetting. Just out of interest, where did he run to?

Also, is there people signing up to boards.ie because of this thread? ive noticed a few new people have posted their first ones here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BeachedWhale

Alexi's house is just opposite the greenwood drive entrance, he ran out onto the rad barns road and down to the point road. we were going to follow him, but Alexi was majorly spooked! Yes, I signed up after my friend showed me the article in the paper earlier today, and it mentioned a thread about the man.

The cashier climbed over it?

Was the car a small car, an audi a4?
    http://images.google.ie/images?um=1&hl=en&q=silver+audi+a4+hatchback&btnG=Search+Images

That sounds very upsetting. Just out of interest, where did he run to?

Also, is there people signing up to boards.ie because of this thread? ive noticed a few new people have posted their first ones here?

Yeah, he said she hopped over it. I would too if a 6 ft tall guy came at me with a knife, whether it was fake or not....

I don't know if that was the car I wasn't there, but I will ask him tomorrow and tell you guys.

Yeah I just joined to discuss the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The 'Masked man' of Tullyallen brings renewed activity to the faltering North East forum. Drogheda Leader headlines next week.

Dingatron wrote: »
    The 'Masked man' of Tullyallen brings renewed activity to the faltering North East forum. Drogheda Leader headlines next week.

I bet thats the purpose between this whole masked man incident. :p

In a serious note, depending on how weak the news is in drogheda next week i would expect it.

NEWS UPDATE:
    Todays (wednesday 19th November, Drogheda independant, page 2)
    Masked man seen in Dale

Mother and child in shock encounter EXCLUSIVE

A TERRIFIED woman and child saw the 'Tullyallen Terror' wearing his white mask in the Dale last Thursday afternoon, Drogheda gardai have confirmed.
    The local woman and child were taking a shortcut from the Dublin Road when the man loomed out of the twilight. He was dressed all in black and wearing the Michael Myer's mask from the horror movie, Halloween.
    The woman was shocked and frightened by her experience, which happened around 4.30pm on Thursday, November 13th.
    She immediately reported the incident to gardai who have identified the man.
    As reported in last week's Drogheda Independent, the man whose white mask, slicked back hair and a navy boiler suit resembles the character Michael Myers from the film Halloween, was spotted on numerous occasions in Tullyallen.
    He was first seen in Tullyallen graveyard on November 2nd when he terrified a 12-year-old boy who saw him covering headstones with black plastic bags. The masked man was also challenged in the Mace shop where he refused to remove his mask and fled outside where he got into an Audi car.

For anyone unaware of the dale, it is the bridge which goes underneath the dublin road and onto the marsh road.
    i mentioned it in a previous post about schoolchildren being warned "not to go this way after school".

might have been the same day...

NEWS UPDATE:

Todays (wednesday 19th November, Drogheda independant, page 2)

For anyone unaware of the dale, it is the bridge which goes underneath the dublin road and onto the marsh road.

i mentioned it in a previous post about schoolchildren being warned "not to go this way after school".

might have been the same day...

So he has been caught and identified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

So now he is appearin during the day? I also think he is just a guy who got laid off with the recession and needs something to do!

• Advertisement

So he has been caught and identified?

No, from the sounds of it the gardaí are giving the idea that because he hasnt committed any crimes he cant be caught.
    So now he is appearin during the day? I also think he is just a guy who got laid off with the recession and needs something to do!

How exactly do you figure that one out? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Taser that guy and take off his mask. Seriously. That's what that guy needs.

Or even better, dress up like yer man from Resident Evil and bash his knee in with a baseball bat. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

He seems to get around, but appears to be confined to Louth. Any sightings of the Boogeyman in Meath, Dublin or Monaghan?

I'm surprised he hasn't slaughtered any pets yet. That would up the ante. Beware of the boogeyman!!:eek:

Taser that guy and take off his mask. Seriously. That's what that guy needs.

Or even better, dress up like yer man from Resident Evil and bash his knee in with a baseball bat. :D

We might have the dark knight on our side :p:
    Feelgood wrote: »
    I think I will start dressing up as Batman and go looking for him in the evenings....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

How exactly do you figure that one out? :P

Cause he seems like a guy with too much time on his hands and nothing else better to do!

JupiterKid wrote: »
    He seems to get around, but appears to be confined to Louth. Any sightings of the Boogeyman in Meath, Dublin or Monaghan?

I'm surprised he hasn't slaughtered any pets yet. That would up the ante. Beware of the boogeyman!!:eek:

A part to the article i didnt post is:
    Since then there have been numerous sightings of him in Drogheda and even parts of east Meath. But the woman's encounter in the Dale is the only one which has been reported to gardai.

So the sightings are:

Dundalk,
    Drogheda,
    Tullyallen,
    Termonfeckin,
    Laytown area(could include mornington, bettystown)
    Gormanstown.

Any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

A part to the article i didnt post is:

So the sightings are:

Dundalk,
    Drogheda,
    Tullyallen,
    Termonfeckin,
    Laytown area(could include mornington, bettystown)
    Gormanstown.

Any more?

Ardee? Surely this loony should be in Ardee???

TommyT wrote: »
    Ardee? Surely this loony should be in Ardee???

I know what you mean, but easy now. :pac:
    mod9maple wrote: »
    Thats not in the least bit funny. :mad: I'm :o for you. Hang your head. I hope you're never inflicted with a mental illness. You wouldn't be laughing then.

Good question though.

Anyone know if he has been seen in ardee? (not taking the mick or anything).

Bleh... there are much better costumes than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

i wonder could it now be some students copying him?

not blaming all students, but you know when you're that age and have nothing better to do.
    i really dont see how he could get around to that many towns otherwise

Advertisement