Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Masked man' of Tullyallen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Bleh... there are much better costumes than that.

i think you mean meh ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055421371

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

consipracy theory no.1- a gang of lads:mad:
    conspiracy theory no. 2- audi trying to get public attention for a new car(recession leads to extreme ideas):mad:
    conspiracy theory no.3- its all the new people who joined boards.ie in the last few weeks:(
    conspiracy no. 4- its comic book guy trying to get on tv.:D
    conspiracy theory no.5- aliens who have watched the hallwoeen films and are mimicing them.:eek:
    (plese note these are not actual theories held by anybody other than myself! maybe it could lead to a whole new theory thread on the subject!!):P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Is it just me or does anyone else find this to whole thing to be hilarious? I mean aside from the whole child's headstone thing, which is certainly not cool if true. But other than that it's a masterpiece of funnydom!

Ok lets go through these today class:
    papagormo wrote: »
    consipracy theory no.1- a gang of lads:mad:

Most likely :P
    conspiracy theory no. 2- audi trying to get public attention for a new car(recession leads to extreme ideas):mad:

Yes, by aiming it at their target market, Tullyallen. :pac:
    :o
    conspiracy theory no.3- its all the new people who joined boards.ie in the last few weeks:(

Thats an original idea.
    conspiracy no. 4- its comic book guy trying to get on tv.:D

Will i get on TV?! Nationwide, here i come! They are going to have me on crimecall, just you watch!
    conspiracy theory no.5- aliens who have watched the hallwoeen films and are mimicing them.:eek:
    (plese note these are not actual theories held by anybody other than myself! maybe it could lead to a whole new theory thread on the subject!!):P
    :eek:

Best one by far!

(can i just ad that it is not me, i'm only a bringer of news to the people! :D)

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else find this to whole thing to be hilarious? I mean aside from the whole child's headstone thing, which is certainly not cool if true. But other than that it's a masterpiece of funnydom!

it is funny to an extent, like mighty boosh funny, or hot fuzz funny, its funny, but it's very disrespectful.

(apologies to anyone who likes either of those, they are just my opinion. :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Hellm0 wrote: »

Nah it is scaring the **** out of young kids. My 8 year old for instance.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 conormob

Yep i think he has been seen in Ardee,can anyone actually fill me in on what this guy does i mean so far i've heard stories of sightings and scared people but what does he do,is he just (in a strange way) going about his business or does he wait in the bushes for his next victim and does he actually follow people or threaten them. Well all i can say is this guy is a bit of a loser but i am actually thinking a lot about him and find my self locking up tight at night and closing curtains before it gets dark and i'm not fond of walking alone now either espescially if he is coming out in the day time too but i truely belive he is getting some funny kick out of this and i think that this guy could be harmless really but still he gives me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Where in Gormanstown was he seen?

conormob wrote: »
    Yep i think he has been seen in Ardee,can anyone actually fill me in on what this guy does i mean so far i've heard stories of sightings and scared people but what does he do,is he just (in a strange way) going about his business or does he wait in the bushes for his next victim and does he actually follow people or threaten them. Well all i can say is this guy is a bit of a loser but i am actually thinking a lot about him and find my self locking up tight at night and closing curtains before it gets dark and i'm not fond of walking alone now either espescially if he is coming out in the day time too but i truely belive he is getting some funny kick out of this and i think that this guy could be harmless really but still he gives me the creeps.

Ok in a nut shell:
    He walks about an area, sometimes just lurking.

Like he hangs about a graveyard just walking about.

BTW, are you saying he has been in Ardee?
    Where in Gormanstown was he seen?
    Not completely sure, in fact, i've not heard anything else than what a few lads in tullyallen told me that they have mates out there and they sped out one night when they were waiting for him in the local spot.

Just thinking, will the gards ever crack down on these lads, like they have saud that they do know who it is.

But i dont get why they dont go to their house and have a word with a physcatrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Lads are ye not getting a bit carried away with all this masked man crap, just a few lads from Dromiskin having a laugh.

A few years back there were any amount of masked men roaming around the border county of Louth with real guns and not fake knives, and we all slept soundly, time to put this one to bed, dont forget to check under neath .

macadam wrote: »
    Lads are ye not getting a bit carried away with all this masked man crap, just a few lads from Dromiskin having a laugh.

Welcome, its called a discussion board.

:)

• Advertisement

Welcome, its called a discussion board.

:)

WOW:p

Its called a halloween prank:rolleyes:

Everyone in mid louth knows exactly who these guys are, so anyone thats scared, need not be, just a joke that got a bit of notoriety .

Maca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Jesus it used to be just North Louth and South Louth. Now Mid Louth want their own identity, playin tricks on the rest of us. Feck yis ye can shop in Ardee. :P

WOW:p

Its called a halloween prank:rolleyes:

Everyone in mid louth knows exactly who these guys are, so anyone thats scared, need not be, just a joke that got a bit of notoriety .

Maca

Tell you what, ill let you tell the lads from tullyallen that, or the mothers who have kids scared to leave their homes,(I think Irjudge1 will back me up on that) or the elderly couple who live across from the graveyard that the husband is up in the dead of night because he thinks there is someone in his garden.

If everyone knows who it is, then why doesnt someone post up some names and addresses and then we will decide how good of a prank it was?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tell you what, ill let you tell the lads from tullyallen that, or the mothers who have kids scared to leave their homes,(I think Irjudge1 will back me up on that) or the elderly couple who live across from the graveyard that the husband is up in the dead of night because he thinks there is someone in his garden.

If everyone knows who it is, then why doesnt someone post up some names and addresses and then we will decide how good of a prank it was?

No suspected names or addresses here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Seems like the original "Masked Man" of Tullyallen has a following in Ardee, spotted a masked men mimicking Myers yesterday evening around 5.30pm.

He was up by the boys school field standing behind the mesh wire. Tapping on it with a crowbar or something. I could also hear kids laughing in the backround.

I read somewhere where the original guy was like 6'4'' or something? Well whoever this was they were no more than 5'10''

Dont think its against the law to walk around with any kind of mask , especially at halloween, but what is illegal are all those fireworks which scare the elderly and animals to near death, and scar more kids than the masked man has done.

Any reports of him attacking anyone with his plastic knife.;)

maca

Dont think its against the law to walk around with any kind of mask , especially at halloween, but what is illegal are all those fireworks which scare the elderly and animals to near death, and scar more kids than the masked man has done.

Any reports of him attacking anyone with his plastic knife.;)

maca

Your attempt to pass off fireworks as being worse than some bunch of adolescence minded eejits is laughable.

Your attempt to pass off fireworks as being worse than some bunch of adolescence minded eejits is laughable.
    As i said its not against the law to wear a mask, take it you agree with the illegal fireworks that does countless amount of damage to children , pets and scares the elderly.

The guys that started this prank with the mask, are having some laugh at the eejits( as You say) who are carrying on the story , and getting others to purchase the so called mike meyers outfits and bring it to towns all over the country.;);)

Next thing you know you will have a bunch of fat men with white beards dressing up in red suits, calling themselves Santa clause.:D:D

maca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 twinky-qbr

i was told last night he appeared in leninstown in dundalk while a woman was putting her child to bed,he was standing right beside the window...i would absolutly kak myself if i saw him at my window...

As i said its not against the law to wear a mask, take it you agree with the illegal fireworks that does countless amount of damage to children , pets and scares the elderly.

The guys that started this prank with the mask, are having some laugh at the eejits( as You say) who are carrying on the story , and getting others to purchase the so called mike meyers outfits and bring it to towns all over the country.;);)

Next thing you know you will have a bunch of fat men with white beards dressing up in red suits, calling themselves Santa clause.:D:D

maca

You seem to be pretty clued in in all this 'Maca'. :rolleyes:

Care to tell us how you know so much about buying the outfits, or how everyone knows who they are?

Also, fireworks that do damage to people or pets is usually caused by irresponsible people, or bored teenagers.

Its never just an 'accident'.

• Advertisement

Fireworks are illegal , its not an accident when you live beside a clown who lets off fireworks at freewill, they dont have to hit people or pets to do damage.
    As for the outfits, try ebay should cost you about €45 , ever been to a fancy dress, then you would know where to look.

Two of the guys live close by me , one dressed as Mr Meyer's and the other dressed as an audi driver in jeans and tee shirt , was quite frightening to see .

An audi driver wearing jeans..........

Maca

Fireworks are illegal , its not an accident when you live beside a clown who lets off fireworks at freewill, they dont have to hit people or pets to do damage.

yes, fireworks are illegal.
    Thats the point i was trying to make with you...
    Two of the guys live close by me , one dressed as Mr Meyer's and the other dressed as an audi driver in jeans and tee shirt , was quite frightening to see .

An audi driver wearing jeans..........

Maca

I have two friends that drive audis.

So tell me how you dress as an audi driver?

Me drive an audi , audis are for guys in fancy dress.

God have you never went out and had a laugh when you were in your teens, these guys are lauding all this publicity, wait till there next stunt , i cant imagine what they will come up with next, maybe they will wear the sash and cross the bridge of peace, or dress as fairy's and run around the ramparts in dundalk, who knows they might dress as gay rights campaigners and head for annagassan.

Oh its a 4x4 for me ,toyota land cruiser , you can wear what you like in one of these and no one gives a sh1t

On the outfits did you get one? Try the shop in Laurence st...............

Me drive an audi , audis are for guys in fancy dress.

God have you never went out and had a laugh when you were in your teens, these guys are lauding all this publicity, wait till there next stunt , i cant imagine what they will come up with next, maybe they will wear the sash and cross the bridge of peace, or dress as fairy's and run around the ramparts in dundalk, who knows they might dress as gay rights campaigners and head for annagassan.

Oh its a 4x4 for me ,toyota land cruiser , you can wear what you like in one of these and no one gives a sh1t

On the outfits did you get one? Try the shop in Laurence st...............

riiight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

twinky-qbr wrote: »
    i was told last night he appeared in leninstown in dundalk while a woman was putting her child to bed,he was standing right beside the window...i would absolutly kak myself if i saw him at my window...

your not alone there I think my heart would give up if I seen that. I was broke into a few years ago and the thought of seeing that at my window is not good

if i ever decide to throw a party, im definately inviting comic book guy and macadam, and then sit back and enjoy the fireworks! (metaphorically speaking of course!)

Papagormo,

Im available for the party:p, can i dress up as an alien , haven't seen any of them about lately, sorry seen one there now , guess what he was fecking driving?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

You seem to be pretty clued in in all this 'Maca'. :rolleyes:

Care to tell us how you know so much about buying the outfits, or how everyone knows who they are?

What are you,columbo?

Papagormo,

Im available for the party:p, can i dress up as an alien , haven't seen any of them about lately, sorry seen one there now , guess what he was fecking driving?:rolleyes:

if i ever do throw a party, it will most certainly be a themed one, and i shall be dressed as "henry the hoover"!!!!:D:D

(going slightly off topic i know)

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    What are you,columbo?

Columbo, could have been under that mask , has the same mac coat.

Nothing better than a good old fancy dress had one last year for the new year, at home ,about twenty five or so friends round great night, no mike meyers costumes, bet there will be afew this year.

maca

Advertisement