Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footie coverage???

• 16-11-2008 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

This is something that has been on my mind for a while now. I have been in Australia for the past 3 months. I was worried when I got here that I might miss out on watching the premiership games that I always enjoy watchin, especially my beloved Liverpol.

Anyway since I have been here I have seen every game that Liverpool have played in, bar one. I have on average been watchin 3-4 games a week. The reason being that over here they show EVERY game. Every early kick off game is shown as well as the late kick offs. And as for all the games that start simultaneously at 3pm GMT they have a viewer's choice option!! So i can literally watch any game i want...

Now my question here is that if in Australia where soccer is maybe 3rd or 4th choice sport why can I watch ANY game I want but when im at home SKY cant pull their fingers out and give a simple viewer's choice option at 3pm on a saurady afternoon when the pool are playing West Brom or whoever and its not a big enough game to warrant showing but I would still like to watch it??

If SKY is in fact the best then this is something that would be so simple to set up, they did it with champion's league games so why noy EPL???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

No games that kick off at 3pm on Saturday can be shown live in the U.K. Its not part of the broadcasting rights. Im sure if sky were allowed to the would show every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

has this got to do with ticket sales for matches?? and why cant they show them in ireland then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Ya I think all the clubs didnt want matches live on Sat. Dont want there gates to drop. Setanta Ireland show a live game at 3pm on Sat and RTE used to a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yea, its to do with ticket sales, probably too much effort to broadcast just to Ireland so Setanta bought the 3pm rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

cheers guys. mystery solved then i guess. just gonna have to live in oz to get to watch all the games then..pity too,cos i know so many ppl in ireland. if only setanta could do a viewer's choice..its not hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've seen more City games since I've been here than I ever did at home. Only missed the Monday game against Newcastle as it started at 3am or so. The viewer's choice thing seems to be super, though I haven't got Foxtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I'm a size 10, so my foot covers about 270 cm^2 if you assume a foot is roughly rectangular.

Seriously though it's a pain that I can't see more La Liga and Calcio Serie A games. At least they are showing more Brazilian Serie A games on that new sports channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It's part of the broadcasting contract. As others mentioned it's to do with ticket sales, but not just of the premiership games, I think the FA like it that way for people to go to lower league games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Its not just the Premier league. If you have Sky in South or Central America you can choose to watch any la liga game you want unlike in Spain itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mormank wrote: »

If SKY is in fact the best then this is something that would be so simple to set up, they did it with champion's league games so why noy EPL???

It's simply not Sky's fault, they are limited to the games and the times they can show them.

Personally I would like RTE to scrap everything bar maybe the news, and show nothing else bar the premeirship, go subscription based and scrap those mind numbing your going to jail if you don't pay your license fee adds.

I know there is a few people who will miss Fair City, but quite frankly they don't count. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Boggles wrote: »
    I know there is a few people who will miss Fair City, but quite frankly they don't count. :pac:

I believe mutants is the politically correct term Boggles!

Advertisement