Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the decent guys of Dublin gone???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

You're in luck.

Oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

right here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Well I moved to Slovenia, so sorry. But if its anything to go by, last time I was back in Dublin, im not surprised. Seems to be an odd attitude from men towards women. Not sure why men have become so strange, but its something I noticed. Mmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Matt3

I'm a 35 year old single guy, and i've never really clicked with any girl over the past few years. I've a good job, i'm quite a happy, positive person, and most of my friends, male and female, would consider me a decent guy.

What's dawned on me over the past few months is that you have to make an effort, if you're attracted to a girl. You've got to show some interest.

About six months ago, a single new girl, a couple of years older than me, started to work in my company. Initially, i liked her, but i didn't really think about it.

My first impression of her was that she was nice but quite defensive. My gut feeling was that she was hurt in the past, and maybe she was just putting up a guard towards me. Anyway, after meeting her now and again in my job, i got the impression that she was very genuine. I got the impression that she liked me, as she gave me a lift home from work now and again, laughed at my jokes etc....

....i still needed a bit of an indication that she felt the same way. So i ended up talking to a female co-worker of hers (and mine) at our company Christmas party two weeks ago. This girl is a good friend of hers...anyway, i'd my beer googles on..so my tongue loosened...

... i ended up talking to her friend about her. So i plucked up the courage to tell her how i felt about the girl in question....i recall saying 'she's a real sweetheart', 'she doesn't know how lovely she is', 'i've a lot in common with her'....

Luckily the feedback from her friend was quite positive, she was indicating the girl liked me a lot. She asked me if i got to know her a bit better, would i put my self in a position to ask her out? I said yes. Her friend told me, if things went well in the meantime, it was up to me.

I was chuffed. (still am).

At the end of the night i ended up dropping the three girls to their homes in a taxi, including the girl in question. I'm going to ask her out soon, 100% yes.

I think you've got to get an indication of how the particular girl in question feels about you first, but you've got to put a bit of effort in.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You've had an indication for two weeks now and done nothing? Just go for it, what have you got to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Matt3

Zaph wrote: »
    You've had an indication for two weeks now and done nothing? Just go for it, what have you got to lose?
    Ok, i will, thanks for the advice.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Matt3 wrote: »
    I'm going to ask her out soon, 100% yes.
    Zaph, with respect mate, he's already said he's going to ask her out^

Did you read his post??

Dave5 wrote: »
    Zaph, with respect mate, he's already said he's going to ask her out^

Did you read his post??

I did, but he's been procrastinating for two weeks, despite being told that any advance of his would stand a pretty good chance. Carpe diem definitely applies here.

deecom wrote: »
    Well I moved to Slovenia, so sorry. But if its anything to go by, last time I was back in Dublin, im not surprised. Seems to be an odd attitude from men towards women. Not sure why men have become so strange, but its something I noticed. Mmm...

Slovene mens underpants are welded on. :( No wonder their reproduction rate is cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jessica4

I did, but he's been procrastinating for two weeks, despite being told that any advance of his would stand a pretty good chance. Carpe diem definitely applies here.
    Just voicing a personal opinion here, but what does it matter??

...if the guy asks her out, in one minute, one day, one week or two weeks? Since when has a fortnight turn into a crucial time to ask somebody out?

..have a read of that guy's post again. That girls, best friend told that guy that she genuinely likes him, so seems to me she'll be more than willing to wait a fortnight....

....girls talk you know! That girls friend will have filled her in on what he said, she'll wait, believe me.

I think you're splitting hairs on this issue of doing the asking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Where have they gone ?
    Well myself and my other femmenazi cohorts have been rounding them up,
    killing most of them and keeping a few in our dungeons so we can sleep soundly
    knowing when we say that All men are useless bastards we are for the most part correct.
    But it's hard work making sure that the good ones die and the flawed ones remain free
    but it's the price we are willing to pay to ensure that women are and remain superior
    and balking at getting our hand a bit dirty with their blood would be hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Where have they gone ?
    knowing when we say that All men are useless bastards we are for the most part correct.
    But it's hard work making sure that the good ones die and the flawed ones remain free
    but it's the price we are willing to pay to ensure that women are and remain superior
    and balking at getting our hand a bit dirty with their blood would be hypocritical.

I am quite fond of Thead's dungeon, it is very comfy and they treat us well

They give us internet access and even let us out in daylight sometimes

And despite their Femmenazi ways they are cute and cuddly really

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I am quite fond of Thead's dungeon, it is very comfy and they treat us well

They give us internet access and even let us out in daylight sometimes

And despite their Femmenazi ways they are cute and cuddly really

Ach don't get too comfy, Thaed et al are just slowly easing you into the dungeon life, it's like Hell, there are several levels, level one sounds as you describe.

I'll let you wait to experience two downwards :D

Best wishes :)

nouggatti wrote: »
    Ach don't get too comfy, Thaed et al are just slowly easing you into the dungeon life, it's like Hell, there are several levels, level one sounds as you describe.

I'll let you wait to experience two downwards :D

Best wishes :)

Hi from level three. Tbh it's not a huge amount different from level one, except that they make you moderate a women's forum where they have threads about stuff like panty liners and mooncups. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Hi from level three. Tbh it's not a huge amount different from level one, except that they make you moderate a women's forum where they have threads about stuff like panty liners and mooncups. :pac:

I am praying I escape long before I am moved to level 3

Mooncups *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

moon cups :eek:

Special inmates require inventive and imaginative punishments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Where have they gone ?

How come I wasn't put in the dungeons? I like dungeons!

Hang on, that might be the reason actually, damned catch 22 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Good Morning Everyone!
    Newbie here! But have often kept an eye on the boards- they can at times be very entertaining!!

So yeah maybe the title of my thread is a little negative! But lets put into perspective! Im a 25 year old good looking female ( not wanting to sound arrogant), succesful career, and really outgoing! Have had few diffferent boyfriends in the past, but none of them have taken to my heart if you get me!

Ok, I have high standards- and no they are not ridiculously high, but I wont settle for just anyone, I do believe that a lot of people just settle for the sake of it Im not going to.

So begs the question where are the decent guys of Dublin?
    Living with the lovely Eastern European women that's where! Unfortunately many Irish women seem a bit desperate and are too high maintenance unlike their European counterparts. I am always surprised at the amount of my friends who are hooked up with foreign women. You also have to realise there is no such thing as the perfect man either and we all have to compromise a little . Maybe you are just too picky. With the upcoming recession you will have more chance when many of the immigrants go home!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where have they gone ?
    *Clears throat, puts down large tankard of scotch..*

.........Even though some whipped men and even great deluded men have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Feminazis and all the odious apparatus of Feminazi rule, we shall not flag or fail....... We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the bedroom, we shall fight in the kitchen(not a lot in fairness) and behind the sofa for the remote control, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in our manly loins, we shall defend our peckers and slovenly manly ways, whatever the cost may be......... we shall fight in the workplace...... we shall fight in the lecture hall...... we shall fight in the pubs and in the nightclubs.......we shall fight in the back seat of our cars......... We shall nevaaaaah surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, men or a large part of the manhood of the world were subjugated and beaten, then our hard cases beyond the seas, armed and guarded by their huge willies, would carry on the struggle, until in God's good time, those hairy chested men, with all their power and might, step forth to the rescue and the liberation of the wussies. Haaaarumph!

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Seas, eh? You know we have sirens out there. You aren't safe no matter what. ;)

Wibbs wrote: »
    *Clears throat, puts down large tankard of scotch..*

.........Even though some whipped men and even great deluded men have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Feminazis and all the odious apparatus of Feminazi rule, we shall not flag or fail....... We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the bedroom, we shall fight in the kitchen(not a lot in fairness) and behind the sofa for the remote control, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in our manly loins, we shall defend our peckers and slovenly manly ways, whatever the cost may be......... we shall fight in the workplace...... we shall fight in the lecture hall...... we shall fight in the pubs and in the nightclubs.......we shall fight in the back seat of our cars......... We shall nevaaaaah surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, men or a large part of the manhood of the world were subjugated and beaten, then our hard cases beyond the seas, armed and guarded by their huge willies, would carry on the struggle, until in God's good time, those hairy chested men, with all their power and might, step forth to the rescue and the liberation of the wussies. Haaaarumph!

its sounds like a llot of work..... :p
    there is a speach similer to that in robin hood men tights the melbrooks one :D
    il defenatly join http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THzVJ0rAjMQ

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You see you had me right up to the part of "men in tights". Nuf said. As for sirens? We don't worry about no steeenking sirens. Hadn't the Greeks heard of ear plugs? "300/this is Sparta" my arse. Wusses. In fairness if hollywood is anything to go by they were slightly more toned than our own fair towers of manhood.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    You see you had me right up to the part of "men in tights". Nuf said. As for sirens? We don't worry about no steeenking sirens. Hadn't the Greeks heard of ear plugs? "300/this is Sparta" my arse. Wusses. In fairness if hollywood is anything to go by they were slightly more toned than our own fair towers of manhood.

i ment id deffently join if we could sing that song and stuff :cool:

Yes we do leave a number of the verbose drunkards and dreamers roaming,
    they make the rest of the 'men' feel better when they listen to their waffle due to their
    lack of manly knowledge about the important things like soccer and it is not as if they are
    really ever going to change anything being so crippled by procrastination.

there is a speach similer to that in robin hood men tights the melbrooks one :D

I think there might be a slight difference between Winston Churchill and Mel Brooks :)

I think there might be a slight difference between Winston Churchill and Mel Brooks :)

thats it go burstmy buble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Meh... there are too many singleton's on boards....

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Meh... there are too many singleton's on boards....

Too much choice MIN? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, one is still alive.

Advertisement